WRESTLING WITH PIGS

BLK HOLE

Silver Member
Aug 3, 2017
Northern Virginia
๐Ÿ† Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
AT MAX/AT PRO/GPX-4500, Equinox 800, Garrett Pro Pointer,NEL Attack Coil, Lesche diggers, and the custom made in the USA Freeloader Pack Mule Pouch!
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
So I just finished reading/responding to Terry's post on videos, blog and such and it got me thinking. I like many others have watched my fair share of videos and such and watched all kinds of amazing things rising from the earth and I acknowledge that research, permission, experience contribute to the quality of the finds but the part that has me perplexed is how does everyone stay so dang clean???? I go out for an hour and return looking like pigpen from Charley Brown in the summer and a mud ball in the winter! I wear knee pads but my wife asked me, "do you use the knee pads I bought you?" I of course respond with "yes Honey of course I do" then she asks then why are your pants so filthy......I don't know, I don't know how my glasses get mud all in the frames, I don't know how my socks get muddy inside rubber boots, these are questions that I would like to see answered. Have fun, HH.

Upvote 0

Carolina Tom

Gold Member
Apr 4, 2014
Charlotte
๐Ÿ† Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
XP Deus V3.2 9" & 11" Coils, AT Pro, ProPointer AT, Lesche 55, 75 & 80LT
Primary Interest:
Other
I am bit of a clean freak, and I don't like getting dirty. Sometimes, it is unavoidable, but I try to stay as clean as I can.

I do not put my knees on the ground. I am 54, but can crouch down without putting a knee down. Only the bottoms of my shoes, and hands touch the ground. I realize some of the older guys can not do this, but it keeps me a lot cleaner. If you do light weight squats at the gym, this will help to strengthen your legs, and it helps with balance. I couldn't do this when I started, but after losing weight and practicing, not an issue any longer. I also sometimes carry a hand towel with me to clean up a bit.

I have a new truck, and don't like to get mud in it. I carry a box in the back, I put muddy shoes and clothes in the box, then clean up a bit, and put on sneakers for the ride home, that way I isolate the dirty shoes & clothes.

Good luck to you sir!

Kray Gelder

Gold Member
Feb 24, 2017
Georgetown, SC
Detector(s) used
Fisher F75
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Blk Hole, I'm with you, Man. Mud and dirt smeared on face, clothes, arms. Sweat soaked clothes, regardless of the temp. Sometimes giving up a little blood. I don't care. It's not a clean sport. I DON'T wear good clothing. I have a close-cropped bald head, and 2 year's worth of hair growing on my face. I usually wear a sweatband, or dew-rag on my head. I believe I look downright scary sometimes, but it keeps nosey people at a distance. Kids wonder why Santa Clause is digging holes. I did not just walk out of a Cabelas catalog. I do wear some old Cabelas camo. I do, sometimes change into and out of a pair of rubber boots, but you wouldn't know by looking in my truck. Here's to grunge ( I do keep a clean house and yard ). My truck has not been washed in 6 months. What's the point? Unkempt would describe me. Dressed up is a 5 year old pair of jeans, and one of my better T-shirts, topped off with a 18 year old Mariners jacket. Nuff said. Thanks for the inspirational post, Blk Hole.

Terry Soloman

Gold Member
May 28, 2010
White Plains, New York
๐Ÿฅ‡ Banner finds
๐Ÿ† Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Nokta Makro Legend// Pulsedive// Minelab GPZ 7000// Vanquish 540// Minelab Pro Find 35// Dune Kraken Sandscoop// Grave Digger Tools Tombstone shovel & Sidekick digger// Bunk's Hermit Pick
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I get dirty putting my clothes on in the morning. Still mystifies the old lady. :occasion14:

Joe-Dirt

Silver Member
Jan 18, 2018
Central Massachusetts
๐Ÿ† Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Minelab equinox 800, Manticore & XP Deus II , 2 Garrett carrots, Minelab find 35 pin pointer, NX6 shovel , 31โ€ Lesche shovel, whites digmaster, Lesche hand trowel, 3-5 gallon buckets full of crappola
Primary Interest:
Other
So I just finished reading/responding to Terry's post on videos, blog and such and it got me thinking. I like many others have watched my fair share of videos and such and watched all kinds of amazing things rising from the earth and I acknowledge that research, permission, experience contribute to the quality of the finds but the part that has me perplexed is how does everyone stay so dang clean???? I go out for an hour and return looking like pigpen from Charley Brown in the summer and a mud ball in the winter! I wear knee pads but my wife asked me, "do you use the knee pads I bought you?" I of course respond with "yes Honey of course I do" then she asks then why are your pants so filthy......I don't know, I don't know how my glasses get mud all in the frames, I don't know how my socks get muddy inside rubber boots, these are questions that I would like to see answered. Have fun, HH.

I ALWAYS dig with a stunt double

Ogre1190

Bronze Member
Mar 31, 2015
Northern Illinois
Detector(s) used
MineLab E-Trac, MineLab Safari, MineLab Explorer XS,
White's 5000 D, White's 6DB, White's 5000 D GEB
Sunray X-1 for the ML's, Garrett PP for the White's and a Backhoe
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Dirt...is my friend. ๐Ÿ˜

Tpmetal

Silver Member
Jan 4, 2017
Western ny
Detector(s) used
equinox 800, Whites mx sport, Garrot carrot, bounty hunter time ranger
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Yeah I get filthy, my clothes get filthy, my detector gets filthy, my truck gets filthy inside and out, if your not getting dirty your not trying hard enough

smokeythecat

Gold Member
Nov 22, 2012
Maryland
๐Ÿฅ‡ Banner finds
๐Ÿ† Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
XP Deus II
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I do not kneel down. It helps. (Reason is if I ever got down, I'd never get back up again.) My detecting days are closer to the end, than the beginning.

cudamark

Gold Member
Top Banner Poster
Mar 16, 2011
San Diego
๐Ÿฅ‡ Banner finds
๐Ÿ† Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
XP Deus 2, Equinox 800/900, Fisher Impulse AQ, E-Trac, 3 Excal 1000's, White's TM808, VibraProbe, 15" NEL Attack, Mi6, Steath 920ix and 720i scoops, TRX, etc....
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

Same here.....chimney sweeps look cleaner than me after a days work!:laughing7:

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread