WTB: Gold Panning Concentrates

TerryC

Gold Member
Jun 26, 2008
Yarnell, AZ
Detector(s) used
Ace 250 (2), Ace 300, Gold Bug 2, Tesoro Cortes, Garrett Sea Hunter, Whites TDI SL SE, Fisher Impulse 8, Minelab Monster 1000, Minelab CTX3030, Falcon MD20, Garrett Pro-pointer, Calvin Bunker digger.
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Hey Josh,
How ya doin'? Best way to get unsearched concentrates is mail away to one of those adds in the trade mags. If you want to practice panning, put some sand in a pan then add 12 little lead bb's. Pan it down . If you still have 12 in the bottom, you're doing good! Or you and the family can come out here to CA and I'll show you where to get gold out of the stream! You're invited! TTC

kuger

Gold Member
Nov 6, 2007
Detector(s) used
,M.X.T.& Tesoro Tejon
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Got some good dirt for ya Alpha,let me know :wink:

OP
OP
alpha105

alpha105

May 19, 2007
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I'm thinking about it......if i can teach myself well enough from the cheapy $5 bag i found i might just pick some up

kuger

Gold Member
Nov 6, 2007
Detector(s) used
,M.X.T.& Tesoro Tejon
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Thanks Jag,I appreciate that.I had to kind of shotgun this year and dredge some places I knew nothing about but with the dredge ban on the horizon it was now or never(a couple produced very well,go figure!Now I will have to look at them knowing whats there until the ban is lifted!I am back on my old turf now though and am into a paystreak that is the chunkier stuff unlike the fine streak I worked last year.Alpha,let me know,as I said these are dredge cons and %90 blacksand,which is different than panning flow sand.If you cant pan blacksand you cant pan.

strickman

Bronze Member
Jan 27, 2008
Villa Rica georgia
Detector(s) used
gold bug pro,garret,whites,tesoro,bounty-hunter,,.....
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
real black sand cons definantly pan a lot different than reg flow sand.A LOT SLOWER PROCCESS> thats why most use poop tubes ,sluices,and wheels for this type of material.when panning this stuff you will lose fines -they wash over the edge with the black sand.especially certain types of cons.the fines will also float-thats why jet dry and soap-etc. are preffered when doing this ,to remove surface water tension.but if you get good at doing this you will keep a lot more fines(thats when it starts to add up)my fine retention has increased dramaticly through the years .and is well worth the pratice. good luck

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread