🙋 WANTED WTB Minelab Explorer

Lake Hunter

Apr 28, 2009
California
Primary Interest:
Beach & Shallow Water Hunting
Explorer 2 preferably but not a deal breaker. Not looking to spend alot on one because it is going to be partially disassembled and made to be a waterproof unit.

Doesn't have to look good. It just needs to work properly. I am only going to use the complete control head unit. It doesn't even need a coil because I have my own. But I will purchase entire unit if need be.

IDXMonster

Mar 16, 2014
New Glarus,WI
Detector(s) used
Current….Deus2, ExplorerSEPro, Explorer2, IDXPro-M
Past….Deus1, CTX3030, Equinox800, eTrac, Compadre
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
By stating that you're not looking to "spend a lot" on what is arguably one of the best 5 land detectors ever made,you are setting yourself up for failure in this quest...IMHO. Neat idea and if you get it done I'm sure it'll be a nice unit. I just don't think anyone is looking to give one away,unless it isn't working properly,which I hope you don't wind up with!
Good luck,I'd like to see it when it's done to get some ideas....

OP
OP
L

Lake Hunter

Apr 28, 2009
California
Primary Interest:
By stating that you're not looking to "spend a lot" on what is arguably one of the best 5 land detectors ever made,you are setting yourself up for failure in this quest...IMHO. Neat idea and if you get it done I'm sure it'll be a nice unit. I just don't think anyone is looking to give one away,unless it isn't working properly,which I hope you don't wind up with!
Good luck,I'd like to see it when it's done to get some ideas....

OK...Thanks...LOL

mascard1

Oct 28, 2008
SACRAMENTO CALIFORNIA
Detector(s) used
Ctx 3030...E-TRAC...EXPLORER SE...EXCALIBER II...TEJON...ELDORADO..LOBO ST...F75LTD...F70...CZ3D...XLT...T2...MXT Pro.. 1861 HALF DOLLAR
How much is not a lot?

Treasure_Hunter

Administrator
Staff member
Jul 27, 2006
Florida
Detector(s) used
Minelab_Equinox_ 800 Minelab_CTX-3030 Minelab_Excal_1000 Minelab_Sovereign_GT Minelab_Safari Minelab_ETrac Whites_Beach_Hunter_ID Fisher_1235_X
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Just keep in mind the Explorer II is no longer supported by minelab, there are no parts available to fix it if it breaks down.. Only Explorer that is still supported is Explorer SE Pro. They are able to fix some problems on the Explorer SE using some parts from SE Pro.

November 9, 2016 A New Future

Last edited:

IDXMonster

Mar 16, 2014
New Glarus,WI
Detector(s) used
Current….Deus2, ExplorerSEPro, Explorer2, IDXPro-M
Past….Deus1, CTX3030, Equinox800, eTrac, Compadre
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Just keep in mind the Explorer II is no longer supported by minelab, there are no parts available to fix it if it breaks down.. Only Explorer that is still supported is Explorer SE Pro. They are able to fix the Explorer SE using some parts from SE Pro.

November 9, 2016 A New Future

Excellent point,especially since the OP is planning on doing some modification! I'm not going to sell mine but I sure as heck can't wait to see how his turns out. Love the audio of the EX2,it's SO sweet!

OP
OP
L

Lake Hunter

Apr 28, 2009
California
Primary Interest:
I'm having a hard time to find a decent Exp 2. So as of now...it's not looking to good. I might just can the idea. I might be just time and money ahead.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread