DENMARK
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
XP-Deus, Tesoro Vaquero.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
WTC - were the buildings "pulled" ??

Hi T-Netters :)

Since that horrible day almost 10 years ago, I have regularly been thinking of what I actually saw that day ! :dontknow:
Till today, I remember how astonished I was suddently seeing the buildings fall.
I couldn´t believe my own eyes. :o
Till today, I simply do not understand, how that would be physically possible by such a "relatively minor" fire in the buildings?

I have seen some of those many theories on the Internet, like on "youtube" and so.

What do you think, were the buildings filled with explosives, and was what I saw a controlled, professional "pull" of the buildings ?

If not, would somebody please explain to me what physical forces made the buildings fall the way they did ?

(PS: please don´t make this some kind of political discussion, but lets discuss the physical possibilities of what happend !!)

I look foreward to hear your opinions :icon_thumleft:

spartacus53

Banned
Jul 5, 2009
Whiting, NJ
Detector(s) used
Ace 250
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Re: WTC - were the buildings "pulled" ??

I could only think the sheer weight of the floors, plus all the furniture, it just collapsed like domino's, only straight down. :dontknow:

Saturna

Bronze Member
May 24, 2008
Nanaimo, B.C. Canada
Detector(s) used
White's 4900 DL Max, Tesoro Deleon

The intense heat, helped by jet fuel, doesn't have to melt the steel supports, just soften them enough to sag.
Then the weight above overcomes them and crushes down.
The puffs down below that were seen would be the air compressed in the halls, stairways, and elevators being pushed out.

But that's no fun is it, much more interesting to attach yet another conspiracy theory to something.

OP
OP
TheDane

TheDane

Nov 3, 2005
DENMARK
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
XP-Deus, Tesoro Vaquero.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

Thanks for your inputs, Guys ! :thumbsup:

Saturna said:
.... much more interesting to attach yet another conspiracy theory to something.

I am not attaching a conspiracy theory to this subject.
I´m just asking for your opinion.

It puzzles me, how those buildings could fall like that. And building 7 is yet an other mystery ? :icon_scratch:

Judging from the very few answers one could actually get the thought that this might be some kind of taboo in the US,
or how is that to be seen?

Saturna

Bronze Member
May 24, 2008
Nanaimo, B.C. Canada
Detector(s) used

TheDane said:
I am not attaching a conspiracy theory to this subject.
I´m just asking for your opinion.

I wasn't meaning yourself when I posted that about conspiracy theories, just conspiracy theorists in general.

Treasure_Hunter

Administrator
Staff member
Jul 27, 2006
Florida
Detector(s) used
Minelab_Equinox_ 800 Minelab_CTX-3030 Minelab_Excal_1000 Minelab_Sovereign_GT Minelab_Safari Minelab_ETrac Whites_Beach_Hunter_ID Fisher_1235_X
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

The plane crashes damaged some of the superstructure as they entered, they were full of jet fuel having just taken off. Jet fuel burns with intense heat starting multiple fires inside along with the fuel flowing down the elevator shafts, the buildings superstructure could not handle the intense and prolonged heat and gave way, the floors fell like dominoes.... There were 911 calls from victims on the top floors talking about the top floors starting to sag and collapse prior to the buildings full collapse.

While the floors were designed to support enormous loads, they provided little resistance to a moving mass of the above floors where the collapses began. Structural systems respond very differently to static and dynamic loads, and since the motion of the falling portion began as a free fall through the height of at least one story (roughly three meters), the structure beneath them were unable to stop the collapses once it began, a fall of one floor was enough to release the necessary energy to begin an unstoppable collapse

The Beep Goes On

Silver Member
Jan 11, 2006
Houston, TX
Detector(s) used
CTX3030, Excalibur II, V3i, TRX
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting

Regardless of anyone's view I imagine it will remain a topic for a long time to come. For me, the official story is accurate, but some things we do not know. A recent wiki-leak mentions a heretofore unknown group pursued by CIA or FBI right after the event...what's up with that? (if it's credible; haven't looked into it)

Treasure_Hunter

Administrator
Staff member
Jul 27, 2006
Florida
Detector(s) used
Minelab_Equinox_ 800 Minelab_CTX-3030 Minelab_Excal_1000 Minelab_Sovereign_GT Minelab_Safari Minelab_ETrac Whites_Beach_Hunter_ID Fisher_1235_X
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

I don't buy the conspiracy theories at all.....

Frankn

Gold Member
Mar 21, 2010
Maryland
Detector(s) used
XLT , surfmaster PI , HAYS 2Box , VIBRA-TECTOR

Basically what happened was not unlike a hammed pounding down ever time a floor collapsed.
The plane basically went in the side of the building which is not the main load bearing part of the structure. The burning fuel softened the main support beams and they collapsed starting a continuous hammering force as each floor gave way. In a normal fire the heat factor is lower so beams sag but don't collapse.

TheRandyMan

Apr 3, 2010
Dallas, Texas
Detector(s) used
Excalibur II, Minelab Etrac, Ace 250k, Discovery TF-900
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

"The Looming Tower" by Lawrence Wright.

Read it... and be educated. Highly recommended. :hello:

BuffaloBob

Bronze Member
Jan 6, 2005
Rocky Mountains
Detector(s) used
Minelab X-Terra 705 Gold Coil
deteknixXpointer Probe
Minelab Ex-Terra 70
White's Classic II
2014-2015 Colorado Gold Camp Prospector
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting

Frankn said:
Basically what happened was not unlike a hammed pounding down ever time a floor collapsed. The plane basically went in the side of the building which is not the main load bearing part of the structure. The burning fuel softened the main support beams and they collapsed starting a continuous hammering force as each floor gave way. In a normal fire the heat factor is lower so beams sag but don't collapse.

That is correct. Fire underwriting and building codes are based on actual dataregarding fuel source, how long and how intense. Distance from hydrants or adequacy of sprinkler systems. Then specific building codes are adopted for a structure.

Like 100 year storms, no one builds for 911 events. Never happened before so why would you plan for it.

Airplane fuel fires are intense. This was not a waste paper or electrical fire, which is typical. This was a gas fired furnace fire. Of intense and far reaching fire at extremely high temperatures.

Every material has a breaking point. Every steel column will eventually fail. The 1989 Calif quake showed how one collapsing road bed triggered a domino effect taking down a elevated roadway.

The Minniapolis bridge collapse was due to unplanned stress and load from the sand dumped on the bridge.

I recall reading about the WTC construction project that was built to minimum specs in order to complete the expensive project. There are many mysteries but this isn't one of them. Just a sad footnote on the savagery of our Muslim enemies.
BB

Saturna

Bronze Member
May 24, 2008
Nanaimo, B.C. Canada
Detector(s) used

I had forgotten about that album cover. Interesting.

If the photo won't load for some reason, you can hotlink right to the photo.

def-leppard_Pyromania.jpg

Photo link:

http://www.gibson.com/Files/aaFeaturesImages2010/def-leppard_Pyromania.jpg

Tubecity

Bronze Member
Mar 11, 2007
sw Pa.

I don't consider myself a conspiracy theorist, I just don't accept things at face value or automatically believe
other's explanations, especially the government's. Building 7's collapse also seems puzzling to me, since it was
not directly struck, so no aviation fuel fed this fire. It was said that flaming debris caused this collapse. If so,
it's been said that Building 7 is the only skyscraper ever in history to 'collapse' due to fire. Many other hi-rise
fires were compared, even in older buildings proven to have burned at higher temps. than those seen in
Bldg. 7. Can I confirm these doubts - No . Do I believe or even trust the gov't.'s explanation - Never.

OP
OP
TheDane

TheDane

Nov 3, 2005
DENMARK
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
XP-Deus, Tesoro Vaquero.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

Yes I agree, the collapse of building 7 can´t be explained, unless ...

... listen to Mr. Silverstein´s own words and see this video:

spartacus53

Banned
Jul 5, 2009
Whiting, NJ
Detector(s) used
Ace 250
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

There may well be a point to this as having the building pulled. I'm not sure how many here are native New Yorker's, but I have lived here most of my life. I can tell you what I now see as strange is that there were no building on the corners of Church & Liberty, nor Church & Vessy that showed any damage from the initial attack. As a matter of fact, their is a large post office just up the block from WTC 7 on Church & Vessy, which is directly across from WTC 5 and that didn't have any visible damage whatsoever. Also note the PO is less than a full wedge away, 100 yards.

I guess that shows that money talks :dontknow: Like many other events in history, we will never hear the truth until all the participants and their living survivors are well gone.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions