WTF is up with WF ????

Howeburger

Mar 30, 2007
MN
I go into WF today as I do a few times a month to get a box of pennies and a box of nickels. I had just given blood and feeling good. I was making idle chit chat with the greeter and the teller. I even found .95 in canadian change in the counter reject cup.
I asked for the boxes and she went and got them. She returned with a stern looking older lady, who said they charge a fee for boxes of coins. This had NEVER been the case before. She said it would be .15 per roll!! $15 for 2 boxes of coins, she said she wouldn't charge me this time but next time she would get me. Is this some sort of cruel joke? What should I do with this place? I am a member. WTF??

Upvote 0

Sheldius

Mar 15, 2007
Bronx, NY
Detector(s) used
Garrett Master Hunter CX Plus, Minelab E-trac, Bounty Hunter Pioneer 505
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Same thing happened with me at BOA. Said businesses use a lot more coins during the summer. They claim that business accounts get charged for this service.

Funny thing is, I've contacted them twice trying to find out how much they would charge me if I had a business account. (once with online chat, and once at the branch). They won't tell me. My wife has a business license and such, so I was hoping to open one of their free business accounts. If I do, I will let you know.

This is a unwritten, branch by branch policy I'm sure. They treat if like a top secert bit of info. LOL.

Good luck.

Jeffro

Silver Member
Dec 6, 2005
Eugene, Oregon
Detector(s) used
Fisher CZ5, White's GM VSat
Unless it is written down somewhere on paper, this sounds like a busybody tellers way of getting rid of you.

Best way I have found to handle it is to bring in a box of donuts next time. If they want to still charge you, speak to the branch manager and let him know that this hasn't been a problem in the past, and if it becomes a problem in the future you may look into doing your banking elsewhere, where they don't charge.

I have one bank I pick up from, and one bank I dump at, so that way one bank isn't handling the whole hassle. I bring them both donuts from time to time and haven't had a problem.

roswellborn

Jan 9, 2006
Washington state
Detector(s) used
Ace 250
I think Jeffro's got it pegged.

You might mention writing the main office locally (unless that's where you are already) and asking for the written policy that states the fees etc. See how fast you get it - or don't.

Officious biddy, anyway.

Nan
who's had a rough 3 days at work and is cranky, attitudinous, & bordering on surly :-[ bah humbug <g>

Dang, I hate when I'm like that! sigh...

GMan00001

Silver Member
Dec 19, 2006
Twin Cities, MN
Detector(s) used
Garrett Ace 250
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Howeburger said:
I go into WF today as I do a few times a month to get a box of pennies and a box of nickels. I had just given blood and feeling good. I was making idle chit chat with the greeter and the teller. I even found .95 in canadian change in the counter reject cup.
I asked for the boxes and she went and got them. She returned with a stern looking older lady, who said they charge a fee for boxes of coins. This had NEVER been the case before. She said it would be .15 per roll!! $15 for 2 boxes of coins, she said she wouldn't charge me this time but next time she would get me. Is this some sort of cruel joke? What should I do with this place? I am a member. WTF??

I've gotten that from time to time at WF.. just seems to depend on the teller and the location.

There are some locations always charge a fee for a box and other locations I have never heard even a mention of the word fee.

I have also had some locations mention a fee one time and a week or three later they apparantly forgot about the fee and sold me a box no questions asked.

Immy

Silver Member
Mar 12, 2005
Vegas
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
WF has been flaky with me too recently. About a month ago I wanted to buy a box of nickels. They've said to call the day before to order it but I didn't feel like going thru the hassle. So I gave them a sob story about forgetting to order the day before, and the really nice guy who waited on me said "You never have to call ahead for nickels, just halves." I thought "Great!"

Next time I came in, about two weeks ago, I get another teller and ask for a nickel box. Guess what? Not only couldn't she give me one, she said the guy who told me "ordering nickels ahead of time wasn't necessary" was wrong. They gotta get their act straight!

Skrimpy

Bronze Member
Aug 16, 2006
smAlbany, NY
Detector(s) used
DFX
Jeffro said:
Unless it is written down somewhere on paper, this sounds like a busybody tellers way of getting rid of you.

Either that or the old bat is using her position to get a first look at the ends, swapping them with halves from the drawer, and buying them. I've heard of tellers using their own account as collateral to search the boxes before they get to CRHers, but I think they are few and far between. This one is most likely just being a witch because she thinks you're getting away with something.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread