✅ SOLVED WW-2 era patches? Three with cross on them.

dg39

Bronze Member
Mar 30, 2006
Deep in the swamps of Louisiana..
Detector(s) used
Ace 250--White's 6000 DI Pro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I am always getting boxes from estates at the museum I run here in Louisiana. Most of the items I can find ID on. For some reason these escape me.
I do not know if these are American, British or some other country. I suspect British, but have had no luck so far in that path.
Anyone have a guess or know?
The red and black or blue is felt (red with printed cross.) as well as the others. All are old..
Thanks!
DG

Attachments

• img030.jpg
    img030.jpg
    56.4 KB · Views: 98
Last edited:

NOLA_Ken

Gold Member
Jan 4, 2011
Formerly New Orleans.. Now Pueblo Co
Detector(s) used
several, mostly Garrett
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I'm thinking those may be some sort of church group patches rather than military, but I'm not sure. They look strangely familiar to me though. I'll poke around a bit more later if no one else ids them first.

Upvote 0

NOLA_Ken

Gold Member
Jan 4, 2011
Formerly New Orleans.. Now Pueblo Co
Detector(s) used
several, mostly Garrett
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
The cross and sword might be a 2nd Army patch. Formed in June 1943, th 2nd Arny took part in the Normandy Landings and the Northwest European campaign under General Eisenhower's SHAEF. See it here: British Formation Signs
Don.......

I stand corrected! The two smaller ones are a good match to the 2cd and 8th Army patches shown on the link. I had a feeling I'd seen them somewhere before but I just couldn't pin it down.

Upvote 0

gunfighter6

Greenie
Jun 17, 2012
Western Washington
Detector(s) used
Garrett 750 (long time ago!)
Bounty Hunter LandStar
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I would bet that these are from WWII and were shoulder insignia of the Norwegian commando units, a volunteer unit that saw a lot of action on D-Day and fought under the British.

Upvote 0
OP
OP
dg39

dg39

Bronze Member
Mar 30, 2006
Deep in the swamps of Louisiana..
Detector(s) used
Ace 250--White's 6000 DI Pro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I think what we have are a WW-2--- 2nd army and a field made 8th army. The other is any ones guess...
Thanks!!
DG

Upvote 0

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions