Silver Member
Sep 4, 2004
Eaglehawk
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
GPX
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
By late 1915 the great war as in full swing and troop casualities had become great on all sides.the british high command started a recruiting drive across the british empire from india to australia. Often the an army band would play music while marching up and down the main street of many a country town.they often used propaganda like See the world and what an adventure For King and country they often put up posters like the one pictured below.Little did these young men know what fate awaited for them in trench war fare.Of the 400,000 australian soldiers who served in ww1 200,000 became casualities.with a population of only 5 million that was the best part of a generation lost.

About 2 weeks ago i went a old federation style wooden house 1907, which was to be knocked down.The floor coving where removed and the under-lay happened to be old news papers dating from ww1. i have about 50 papers which i will post later.I also found a army band badge from the same era and 1922 sixpence under the fireplace mantel side board.

here a pic of a recriuting poster and the badge and silver sixpence.I still more than 30 pics from other after work trips since Jan.When you drive around keep your eyes open for these sort of sites Most times if don,t get onto them quick you will not get another chance.Yet again i live in a large town that more than 70 % of all the structures are over 80 years old.The town was forgotten by the world after the gold ran out .Was a no-ware until 1980 and then it got remembered.there is still so much history every where and soon i mit even find some real treasure. but until then i will keep looking.

tinpan Ps the poster was not a find just reference to support post

Attachments

• IMG_1359.jpg
    IMG_1359.jpg
    86.4 KB · Views: 598
  • Kitchener.jpg
    Kitchener.jpg
    33 KB · Views: 584
Upvote 0

Don in SJ

Silver Member
May 20, 2005
Detector(s) used
MINELAB SE Pro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Good find, that is one beautiful badge!! Silver is icing on the cake. :)

Don

Mona Lisa

Gold Member
Jan 13, 2005
Great Falls, Montana
Detector(s) used
White's DFX & a Sunray probe
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Great post, Tincanny. It sounds like you're a busy man. :o

Thanks for another peek into Ozzieland. 8)

stryker-one

Aug 10, 2007
Independence, Oregon
Detector(s) used
Scorpion Gold Stinger and Tesoro Silver
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
So Tinpan,

You are over in Australia? the colonial finds you posted are from australian colonial? Super cool--I guess it just dawned on me. I love Australia!! Nice Poster, and that badge is a good addition for your collection.

Good on ya.

Stryker

chrisplay2004

Feb 28, 2008
New Mexico
Detector(s) used
Fisher F2 with 4" & 8" Coil, and F-Point Pinpointer, Whites Eagle II, Bounty Hunter Fortune Hunter, Modified VLF WaterDetector
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Very Nice, As Always, Love Silver...Now Love Austrailian Silver... 8)

panzermeyer

Jul 27, 2004
The Great White North
Detector(s) used
White's XLT Spectrum Tesoro Tiger Shark
Wow ! nice ww1 badge.I;ve been pounding a ww1 training and departure site for 4 years and this will be no.5 year as soon as snow goes.My country lost a generation too in the great war.I love finding thier lost items..they wreak of history.HH..Panz

Attachments

• case8.jpg
    case8.jpg
    160.5 KB · Views: 452
OP
OP
tinpan

tinpan

Silver Member
Sep 4, 2004
Eaglehawk
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
GPX
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
WoW wonder full collection of ww1 badges.Yes many forget canada is too a part of the FAMOUS ANZAC Commonwealth Forces and no forgetting New Zealand too.Thankyou for sharing and i'm honoured to be reminded of your countries commitment in the great war [ww1]

tinpan "lest we forget"

Leon

Silver Member
Jul 2, 2004
Indy
Detector(s) used
Cz3d
Awesome looking badge Tin, Congrats!
Continued Good luck, & Happy hunting~

P.S.> panzermeyer,,, very nice collection...

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread