Gold Member
Feb 28, 2015
Fullerton CA
Detector(s) used
Minelab CTX 3030
AT Pro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I posted last weekends haul of over 100 spoons on todays finds Wednesday. http://www.treasurenet.com/forums/t...oons-some-surprises-holy-cow.html#post6277641 At the bottom of the basket was a dog tag and a ww2 Flight bracelet bearing the matching name of William S Webb I remember seeing posted a way to find out info on the soldier. Does anyone remember where to do research? I would like to know more. Please help?

Cheers all

IMG_0187.JPG IMG_0188.JPG IMG_0189.JPG IMG_0190.JPG IMG_0191.JPG

Indian Steve

Silver Member
Oct 23, 2011
Stuart VA
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I used Veteran Buddy Finder on Facebook. They found the family of WW II dogtags that I had within 15 minutes.

Mackaydon

Gold Member
Oct 26, 2004
N. San Diego Pic of my 2 best 'finds'; son & g/son
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Minelab Explorer
Primary Interest:
Shipwrecks
Kirkland is a ghost town in southeastern Childress County, Texas, near US-287 and 8 miles Southeast of the modern city of Childress, Texas. The population was 44 the last time the official state map was published. (Source: Wiki) Interesting is the fact that 22 WW II veterans are buried in the Kirkland Cemetery; perhaps including your Mr. Webb. I believe his service tag reflects he was an officer "O". His last tetanus shot was in 1945. He had type O blood and was a Protestant.
Don.........
PS: Bummer: https://www.findagrave.com/cemetery/4651/memorial-search?firstName=&lastName=Webb

Davers

Gold Member
Jan 8, 2013
N.of , I-285...GA
Detector(s) used
Whites Spc xlt & Tesoro Tejon- Now back ...Fisher 1266-X. TRX Pointer. New .Teknetics G2 + . New AT Pro .
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
That is some historic items you found , Silver Yes ' except the tag I think. I love those Wings bracelet . + the Medal .

Sure hope the Vet's family would appreciate their return especially if the Man is still alive.

This is a banner US historical and personal find.

If it be the Lords Will , may they get returned.

Thanks for the update.

OP
OP
T

trdking

Gold Member
Feb 28, 2015
Fullerton CA
Detector(s) used
Minelab CTX 3030
AT Pro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
That is some historic items you found , Silver Yes ' except the tag I think. I love those Wings bracelet . + the Medal .

Sure hope the Vet's family would appreciate their return especially if the Man is still alive.

Thanks for the update.
Thanks Steve Mack and Davers.
I did feel a wave of honor when I saw these items at the bottom of the basket. I have no idea if I bought this basket from his relatives or if these have been floating. If anyone is up to the task of putting the word out, I am more then happy to surrender these to any interested living relative. I don't know how to go about it and guys here seem to get results in minutes!
Let me know if anyone wants to assist? I played with google for an hour and got nowhere. Officer makes a lot of sense if he received the Air Medal. Quite an honor. I wish the actual medal were here and not just the bar.

Last edited:
OP
OP
T

trdking

Gold Member
Feb 28, 2015
Fullerton CA
Detector(s) used
Minelab CTX 3030
AT Pro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

Thanks for the update.
Thanks Steve Mack and Davers.
I did feel a wave of honor when I saw these items at the bottom of the basket. I have no idea if I bought this basket from his relatives or if these have been floating. If anyone is up to the task of putting the word out, I am more then happy to surrender these to any interested living relative. I don't know how to go about it and guys here seem to get results in minutes!
Let me know if anyone wants to assist? I played with google for an hour and got nowhere. Officer makes a lot of sense if he received the Air Medal. Quite an honor. I wish the actual medal were here and not just the bar.

OP
OP
T

trdking

Gold Member
Feb 28, 2015
Fullerton CA
Detector(s) used
Minelab CTX 3030
AT Pro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
If I'm reading this chart correctly, Webb was a Reserve Army officer (with a service number of 729155).

Don....
Source: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Service_number_(United_States_Army)#Officers
Thanks Mackaydon It is 739155 not 2
I think this is the guy thanks to persons at veteran find a buddy Thanks Steve for the effort!! They also found a living daughter in Hawaii with a Facebook page and i have PMd and sent a friend request. Fingers crossed this explains why they were found very near Santa Ana But 10 years after he died? Wonder where they have been? The daughters face page is anti Trump pot smoking hippie green peace type Anti war and government. Sort of. Thats the feeling I get. Hope she responds and is interested in them. Thanks for all the help guys :)
william s webb 1.jpg WIlliam web 2.png

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread