WW2 dog tags update

aa battery

Gold Member
Oct 11, 2006
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Well here we go i met a sergant major today bout the tags i found. He just happens to be a historian of Hammer Field here in Fresno Ca. We talked about the road blocks of someone like me trying to find relatives because of the time we live in. I now have full support of existing avenues to locate love ones of these men. Mostly he and i will work it out 1 way or another.:hello2:Oh he is in 30 years of service and some other finds of mine will be displayed.

Wheresthegoodstuff

Feb 20, 2006
Coarsegold, CA
Great Job. Have three or four more I can give to you to get returned as well.

Glad you were able to hook up with the historian. Almost picked his book up for you last Christmas.

OP
OP
aa battery

aa battery

Gold Member
Oct 11, 2006
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Great Job. Have three or four more I can give to you to get returned as well.

Glad you were able to hook up with the historian. Almost picked his book up for you last Christmas.
hey arnt you that guy i know

Old Dude

Gold Member
Feb 20, 2013
Luzerne County, Pa
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Fisher F75, Garrett ATPro, Garrett GTAx 500
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I guess we all make a fuss about returning lost articles of jewelry, and it is a good thing, but...reading posts of returning military items (dog tags, medals) truly DO touch my heart in a way nothing else will. I will be honest and offer a small glimpse into myself: I always sniffle a bit and wipe my eyes when I see such admirable posts as yours! Thank you so very much for respecting veterans and giving your time for a wonderful task. We can never repay them, but giving them honor in their life and after is deserved at the very least.

Last edited:

birdman

Gold Member
Jan 28, 2005
Choctaw Beach Florida
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Equinox 800 and ORX, tesoro Cibola with garret,whites and minelab pinpointers
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Very nice ,glad to see you on here . I am very much looking forward to a dog tag return to a vet of family one of these days. I think it will be better then a class ring return any day. :thumbsup:

OP
OP
aa battery

aa battery

Gold Member
Oct 11, 2006
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
well like always no one will follow through. dont know iffin the gov. shutdown stopped him but i will still try.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread