WW2 glider pilot wings, silver quarter, dog tax tag, and a big pile of clad

Johncoho

Silver Member
Feb 14, 2014
Martinsburg, Pa. in the summer and Apache Junction
๐Ÿ† Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Whites Spectrum XLT, Garrett AT Pro, Macro pinpointer, Garrett carrot pinpointer,
Lesch digger, Nel Tornado coil for ATPro, Garret ATMax with Nel Tornado coil
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I had a very productive hunt today for about 5 1/2 hours. I found a nice pile of clad, 133 coins with 51 quarters, 31 dimes, 3 nickels, and 50 pennies. Also pulled another Washington quarter 1936, an old silver plated spoon, a toasted 1934 wheat penny, a cheap ear ring, a 1916 Blair County, Pa. IMG_0001.JPG IMG_0002.JPG IMG_0003.JPG IMG_0004.JPG IMG_0005.JPG IMG_0006.JPG IMG_0007.JPG IMG_0008.JPG IMG_0010.JPG dog tax tag, and a set of WW2 sterling silver glider pilot wings. I wasn't sure about the wings until my daughter did some research for me and found out that's what they are. I am one tired boy and should have no trouble sleeping tonight. Happy hunting and keep on swinging that coil. Thanks for looking. I have no idea why almost all the pics posted sideways.

Upvote 16

dirtdigginfool

Silver Member
Mar 8, 2014
south central ohio
๐Ÿ† Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
At Pro At Max
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Whoa! Yes u should sleep sound tonight! 51 quarters...impressive! I'm a quarter hoarder myself, love that signal lol..that was definitely an un-hunted site you came across, very productive. Great stuff, thx for sharing...ddf

against the wind

Gold Member
Jul 27, 2015
Port Allegheny, Pennsylvania
๐Ÿ† Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
E-trac, Excalibur, XP Deus, & CTX 3030.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Nicely done Mr. Coho,,, very respectable quarter haul.
Congrats on the Silver.

Last edited:

thrifty76now

Silver Member
Mar 18, 2009
Sunman Indiana
Detector(s) used
Whites XLT MINELAB SE
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Some haul there,and I have not seen a pair of wings like that before.Plus a nice silver quarter in the mix.

Carolina Tom

Gold Member
Apr 4, 2014
Charlotte
๐Ÿ† Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
XP Deus V3.2 9" & 11" Coils, AT Pro, ProPointer AT, Lesche 55, 75 & 80LT
Primary Interest:
Other
The wings are really nice... but I would also have been thrilled with that dog tag or the quarter.

Well done sir!

A2coins

Gold Member
Dec 20, 2015
Ann Arbor
๐Ÿ† Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Equinox 800
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Where the hhhhhh do all you guys find all this stuff amazing hunt for just 5 hours I must live in the wrong area amazing job Thanks for sharing!!!!!!

Theakiki

Dec 28, 2010
Detector(s) used
Garrett ATX550
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I'd sure be excited to find those wings!

OP
OP
J

Johncoho

Silver Member
Feb 14, 2014
๐Ÿ† Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Whites Spectrum XLT, Garrett AT Pro, Macro pinpointer, Garrett carrot pinpointer,
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
This was a backup location I tried after my primary permission was a bust. I had permission to do a turn of the century farmhouse that I lost sleep over wondering how I could carry all the old coins I would find. The owner guaranteed me that it was never detected before, but after about 45 minutes and not even a memorial cent, I gave it up for a lost cause. Then I went to our local high school football field just to find a few clad, and the rest was history. I found the wings and silver quarter out in the grass parking lot where several old homes used to be. Most of the clad was found around concession areas and under the bleachers.
Where the hhhhhh do all you guys find all this stuff amazing hunt for just 5 hours I must live in the wrong area amazing job Thanks for sharing!!!!!!

OP
OP
J

Johncoho

Silver Member
Feb 14, 2014
๐Ÿ† Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
OP
OP
J

Johncoho

Silver Member
Feb 14, 2014
๐Ÿ† Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread