Tony in SC

Gold Member
Jun 8, 2006
Upstate South Carolina
Detector(s) used
Whites, Minelab, Tesoro, and custom machines
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Great find!! Around the old mill town playgrounds here in SC I have found several German, Nazi items but never anything Japanese.

Bavaria Mike

Gold Member
Feb 7, 2005
Bavaria Germany
Detector(s) used
Minelab XT70, Fisher 1280, Garrett Ace 250 and MH5
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Interesting find Jeff, any idea what it says? I have not been out for awhile.

OP
OP
BavariaJeff

BavariaJeff

May 20, 2015
Seoul, Korea
Detector(s) used
Minelab ETRAC
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Mike, the Japanese dig tags are similar to the WW2 German dog tags in that they list a soldier's number and his unit (I.e Infantry, Artillery etc.). like the German dog tags they do not have the soldier's name on them. Are you still in Grafenwhoer area? I hope you still are finding good stuff.

Mudflap

Bronze Member
Mar 31, 2012
Wallingford, Connecticut 1667
Detector(s) used
Whites MXT, Dual Field, CZ-21, Vaquero, Home Brewed (3).
Detecting since 1972.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Cool find. Used to live in Pyeongtaek but never got to detect.

Mackaydon

Gold Member
Oct 26, 2004
N. San Diego Pic of my 2 best 'finds'; son & g/son
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Minelab Explorer
Primary Interest:
Shipwrecks
That tag certainly stirred old memories. I recognized the name, but not the spelling. I recall it was spelled "Inch' on". More specifically, I remember reading (as a kid of 10) how No. Korea invaded So. Korea in Sept. of 1950. UN forces then did an amphibious attack at Inchon on the Inchon Peninsula; and pushed the No. Korea's back; a decisive first 'victory' in a 'no-win' war.
Your tag is a great symbol of that piece of history. You say it is from WWII. Could it have been from the Korean "Conflict"?
Don.......
PS: If you are interested in the Korean Conflict and the action around Inchon......https://www.history.com/topics/korea/inchon

OP
OP
BavariaJeff

BavariaJeff

May 20, 2015
Seoul, Korea
Detector(s) used
Minelab ETRAC
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
That tag certainly stirred old memories. I recognized the name, but not the spelling. I recall it was spelled "Inch' on". More specifically, I remember reading (as a kid of 10) how No. Korea invaded So. Korea in Sept. of 1950. UN forces then did an amphibious attack at Inchon on the Inchon Peninsula; and pushed the No. Korea's back; a decisive first 'victory' in a 'no-win' war.
Your tag is a great symbol of that piece of history. You say it is from WWII. Could it have been from the Korean "Conflict"?
Don.......
PS: If you are interested in the Korean Conflict and the action around Inchon......https://www.history.com/topics/korea/inchon
Mackaydon, Thank you very much for the link. I am very interested in the Korean War. The dog tag is circa 1924-1945 and was lost by a Japanese soldier 1945 or earlier when Korea was under Japanese colonial rule.

Last edited:

arrow86

Silver Member
May 6, 2014
Eastern Shore Maryland
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Mike, the Japanese dig tags are similar to the WW2 German dog tags in that they list a soldier's number and his unit (I.e Infantry, Artillery etc.). like the German dog tags they do not have the soldier's name on them. Are you still in Grafenwhoer area? I hope you still are finding good stuff.

That’s interesting I wasn’t aware of that, so the number was specific to that soldier ?

Oct 5, 2014
Massachusetts
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Garrett: AT Pro, AT Gold & Infinium; Minelab: Explorer SE, II; Simplex; Tesoro: Tejon & Outlaw; White's: V3i
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Very nice relic, congrats! :occasion14:

A2coins

Gold Member
Dec 20, 2015
Ann Arbor
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Equinox 800
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Now that is a freakin cool find holy moly. Great display piece. Well done. Tommy

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread