Silver Member
Sep 4, 2004
Eaglehawk
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
GPX
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
hi all , Over the xmas holiday ,i took the family up to the in-laws farm about 200 miles north of home.Mother in law passed away easter of this year and the wife still has much to sort.While waiting for the other guests , my wife started going threw some boxs of old books and paper .In one of the old book she found these unused ww 2 meat ration stamps.I thought they looked interesting so i thought i would share.I am glad my wife has a sharp eye as much stuff of this nature gets thrown out. Good save dear :-* :-* :-*

tinpan

Attachments

• S7301473.JPG
    S7301473.JPG
    49.3 KB · Views: 879
Upvote 0

Keseppa

Tenderfoot
Jan 4, 2009
Kokkola
Detector(s) used
XP Deus, DS 30, DS 23 XL
Interesting. I didn't know you had those stamps in use in US also during WW2. We had them to here in Finland and they are collectible over here.

Also very interesting is that the name on the card is from Finland :D One of my friends has the same family name. Guess Your wife has some relatives over here. By the way, Kataja is Juniper in english.

pepperj

Gold Member
Feb 3, 2009
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Deus, Deus 2, Minelab 3030, E-Trac,
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Keseppa said:
Interesting. I didn't know you had those stamps in use in US also during WW2. We had them to here in Finland and they are collectible over here.

Also very interesting is that the name on the card is from Finland :D One of my friends has the same family name. Guess Your wife has some relatives over here. By the way, Kataja is Juniper in english.

Interesting keeper, and the link of the name from Finland. :icon_thumleft:
Kind of wishing my G G Grandfather would of picked the downunder instead of cold Canada to move to. :D

Bavaria Mike

Gold Member
Feb 7, 2005
Bavaria Germany
Detector(s) used
Minelab XT70, Fisher 1280, Garrett Ace 250 and MH5
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Interesting to see, thanks for posting! I have some sheets of tiny ration stamps I think are from WWII, I'll post them up sometime, maybe soon since getting out is hit and miss with the ice. HH, Mike

WhiteHunter

Dec 28, 2006
Hampshire
Detector(s) used
E-trac,X-Terra 70, Ace 250 with Sniper Coil, Sea Hunter MK2
Thats a good find, i wouldn't mind having something intresting like that to go in my collection

Aquila

Jun 9, 2008
Detector(s) used
Ace 150, Golden mask 3
Yes good find :icon_thumleft:. Kataja is Finnish surname!

dick99344

Apr 30, 2009
Othello, Wa.
Detector(s) used
Whites Surf Pro PI, Whites M6
As a further note: I have some Gas Ration cards left to me by my mother. She was 16 years old during the height of WW2. She would tell me of the scrap drives and that used cooking oil and grease would be collected. Anything made of rubber would also be collected, you would be very lucky to get new tires for your car if at all. The young ladies would shave their legs very closely and would then paint a line down their legs to simulate seams for stockings. Even bubble gum was rationed because of the materials it took to make it. Thank you for taking me down memory lane. HH

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions