M

mattjd

lonewolfe

Gold Member
Feb 14, 2005
West Michigan
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
A stick with a box at one end and a round thing on the other.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Re: WW1 Nazi Belt Buckle

Cool find!

No idea worth of it.

HH

Lonewolfe

Klaatu

Apr 24, 2005
Colorado Springs, CO

The swastika indicates it is a Nazi item. But it is definitely not from WWI because the Nazis came to power after Germany lost WWI.

It is very likely a WWII item.

I have no idea as to its value.

Very cool find.

OP
OP
M

mattjd

Klaatu said:
The swastika indicates it is a Nazi item. But it is definitely not from WWI because the Nazis came to power after Germany lost WWI.

It is very likely a WWII item.

I have no idea as to its value.

Very cool find.

I think it's WW1, but not sure about what they mean about made it's return. Check this page out. It's pictured close to the bottom of the page:? ? ? ? ? ? ?http://www.diggerhistory.info/pages-uniforms/german-ww2.htm

Klaatu

Apr 24, 2005
Colorado Springs, CO

The site you reference says, "The Army's WW1 "God is with us" belt buckle made a return with a swastika added".

What they mean is a buckle similar to this one was used in WWI but it did not have the swastika. The Nazis added the swastika to it and I guess it was used in WWII.

Germany did not use the swastika before the Nazis came to power. The Nazis gained power in the '20s. If the buckle has a swastika it is not a WWI item.

OP
OP
M

mattjd

Klaatu said:
The site you reference says, "The Army's WW1 "God is with us" belt buckle made a return with a swastika added".

What they mean is a buckle similar to this one was used in WWI but it did not have the swastika. The Nazis added the swastika to it and I guess it was used in WWII.

Germany did not use the swastika before the Nazis came to power. The Nazis gained power in the '20s. If the buckle has a swastika it is not a WWI item.

Thanks for clearing that up. Still didn't find out how much it's worth though.

Siegfried Schlagrule

Bronze Member
Mar 19, 2003
Indiana
Detector(s) used
All types of BFOs owned. Especially want White's Arrow; White's Oremaster; Exanimo Spartan Little Monster; Garrett contract Little Monster.
mannions is the largest seller of militaria in the united states. they issue a sales catalog which you could request and maybe they have a website you could search. exanimo, ss

Crystallize

Apr 12, 2005
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
How much it's worth depends if you can find a interested buyer.
I must warn you though that many of the potential buyers that could be interested
of purchasing a artifact like this for big bucks could be a neo-Nazist
(I'm not sure about this word but couldn't find a better one in my dictionare) or similar. ::)

SS Garay

Tenderfoot
May 27, 2006
Fl
Hello there. I want to make something very clear. There is a very big difference between neo-nazis and militaria collectors. For one, militaria collectors love the history behind an item and avoid poitics when possible. Besides that, they are educated and make a pretty decent salary because collecting militaria is expensive. another point is that neo nazis cant even afford a six pack of cheap beer let alone an expensive collectors item. No my friend you should not worry about somebody with certain politics buying that item.
Now I cannot see the pictur but from the inscription "Gott Mitt Uns" it is a 3rd reich werhmacht (army) belt buckle. it goes from $30-$50 depending on the condition. if it has the belt then it can cost up to around $80. Bewre of millions of fakes. Hope this helped, Raul.

CezarB3

Aug 27, 2011
Hi Guys,maby somebody can help me.I'm looking for a "fantasy SS offices's belt buckle",copy/fake of John Fairchild,popular and sold in Shotgun News in 1970-80's,have pictures,can send pictures......Cezar ps.my e-mail is:[email protected]

Attachments

• FANTASY SS BELT BUCKLE-2.jpg
    FANTASY SS BELT BUCKLE-2.jpg
    128.5 KB · Views: 1,521

uglymailman

Bronze Member
Feb 3, 2010
While researching about my Mauser rifle I found that if it has a swastika it was made after 1936. I would expect most items to be about the same time frame. My Mauser is pre 36' btw.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread