WWI Era Display Case Military Artifacts from during Mexican Revolution...Just curious

krednosreg45

Oct 31, 2017
Florida
Detector(s) used
White's MXT PRO
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Not really interested in selling but just curious what someone who collects these sort of items especially military items what this could be worth.. Buttons, Collar Decorations, Bullets, Rosette, Etc. All can be traced to the same site.

IMG_20180122_205208_1.jpg IMG_20180122_205233.jpg IMG_20180122_205257.jpg

Old Pueblo

Bronze Member
Mar 7, 2017
Arizona
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
A case like that, so long as its known where these came from (like any old artifact or relic), could be worth hundreds of dollars, maybe more to the right person.

OP
OP
K

krednosreg45

Oct 31, 2017
Florida
Detector(s) used
White's MXT PRO
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Heyy Old Pueblo,

Always good to hear from you and thanks for the info as always! That was one I sort of figured off right off the back, the tent stake, I have a few more whole stakes and have found more pieces of these old stakes..Actually more pieces than I count.. that I just left.. I think theres more artifacts out there forsure though I think I've done a pretty good job clearing the area. Theres a couple more spots I still wanna check. Pretty exciting yeah I honestly didn't expect to find so much.. And its amazing that all that history is still in the ground.

hbru123

Bronze Member
Jun 4, 2016
San Diego California
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Minelab Equinox 600
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
I agree with Old Pueblo, I would pay 200-300+ dollars for that and probably even more!

hbru123

Bronze Member
Jun 4, 2016
San Diego California
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Minelab Equinox 600
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Especially if you collect that era of militaria you would probably pay a lot more than that

Old Pueblo

Bronze Member
Mar 7, 2017
Arizona
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
This case has a lot going for it. Knowing where these relics came from is very important, they're also cleaned properly, and not damaged by soaking them in vinegar or something like that. I believe we also determined that some of these came from the Buffalo Soldiers, which is cool because of the Buffalo Soldiers' association with Wild Western history, that definitely adds value. The war on the border was also the last real horse cavalry campaign the US Cavalry participated in. I would pay a few hundred dollars for this, easily, if I had the extra money, probably more since Im not greedy and we've been talking and so forth. I hope you dont sell it, though, and if you do make sure its to the right person (like myself) who will keep it all together and remember/record where everything came from, because that is very important. If the location of these finds is ever lost, they will lose a lot of value to serious collectors. There would be no way to tell if this stuff came from here in Arizona or one of the many other World War I era camps in the country at the time. And most of the other camps were just camps, there was no fighting around like there was here in Arizona or the other border states.

lookingharder

Feb 27, 2015
Virginia
Detector(s) used
Whites Coin Master. Garrett AT Gold, Garrett Ace 350
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Have you ever considered loaning them to a museum? You maintain ownership buy you also allow many more people to see your amazing finds than selling to a collector to hang on a den wall. Not that selling to a collector is bad, I just wanted to clarify that. I used to travel a lot and always enjoyed going to the small town museums or big ones for that matter and seeing history on display.

OP
OP
K

krednosreg45

Oct 31, 2017
Florida
Detector(s) used
White's MXT PRO
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Thanks Old Pueblo, I really don't want to sell I was just curious forsure. I will do my duty of keeping these items intact and Im actually having a little descriptive plaque made for the case... I want to do some further cataloging of the items. The only thing I really did was toothpick some of the items and nothing else.. I think it's amazing history forsure and there is an unexplainable feeling at least for me when holding a item or having them in close vicinity. To imagine that these items are around 100 years old... And they we're being used or worn my soldiers on the border is just unbelievable... It's can almost transport you back to that place in time... I wouldn't mind loaning them to a museum as well, think they would be cool to share.

Old Pueblo

Bronze Member
Mar 7, 2017
Arizona
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Thanks Old Pueblo, I really don't want to sell I was just curious forsure. I will do my duty of keeping these items intact and Im actually having a little descriptive plaque made for the case... I want to do some further cataloging of the items. The only thing I really did was toothpick some of the items and nothing else.. I think it's amazing history forsure and there is an unexplainable feeling at least for me when holding a item or having them in close vicinity. To imagine that these items are around 100 years old... And they we're being used or worn my soldiers on the border is just unbelievable... It's can almost transport you back to that place in time... I wouldn't mind loaning them to a museum as well, think they would be cool to share.

I have quite a few things that I intend to donate to our local museums one day. Most of it isn't worth much anyway, but its a good way to share your find(s) or just history in general with everyone else who appreciated that sort of thing. If you do lend this to any museum, make it a stipulation in the contract that these relics be kept together and kept under tight lock and key! Because it would be tragic to lose them to theft. The history behind these kinds of things is amazing and all relics/artifacts are irreplaceable.

CASPER-2

Gold Member
Jan 3, 2012
NEW ENGLAND
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
WHITE'S XLT, PI PRO, GARRETT 2500, 3- FISHER CZ21s, JW FISHER 8X
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
...I have a spot similar to yours - I had a lot of nice relics from there as a kid and was stupid and sold it all
in the late 70s - went back to the spot over the years but not much area to hit now - companies built on top of it but still got some nice stuff
I'm trying to put some stuff on loan to a new museum near the site
been a while since I went to link above - last time I was there - MASS collar discs were selling for $25 ...now $45
I think I sold collar disc for $1 a piece when I was a kid - but was 16 and had a car and insurance and gas to pay for back then
what sucks is the rare items I let go that are worth lot now - army camp/training area also had biplanes there and I had wings
from biplane pilots and other insignia that are prob in the $100 plus range now

CASPER-2

Gold Member
Jan 3, 2012
NEW ENGLAND
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
WHITE'S XLT, PI PRO, GARRETT 2500, 3- FISHER CZ21s, JW FISHER 8X
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
small sample of some of the stuff I have left

below -these are from my last visit there - they had cleared about a half acre of trees and I was first one in there with a friend
silver elk piece has registration of a soldier in it from 1917 - I did manage to find him on a roster from there - he was shipped over toFrance

tamrock

Gold Member
Jan 16, 2013
Colorado
Detector(s) used
Bounty Hunter Tracker IV
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Not sure what all you have in monetary value, but your post lead me to some interesting bits of history. Now if you find pieces of Pancho Villa's vintage Indian motorcycles, that would surely be a banner find. Keep up the good work, as I really enjoy seeing what your finding.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread