goldencoin

Gold Member
Sep 27, 2005
Indiana
Detector(s) used
Whites DFX & Beach Hunter ID
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Went to an estate sale today, almost everything was ebay priced and there wasn't any good deals to be had. I'm going to go later to see if they will bargain. I did buy these two cards for .25 each. I've only been able to find vague references to WWI ration cards, so I was hoping someone with more knowledge can confirm that they are. Thank You and good luck this weekend

HH
-GC
IMG_3413.JPG IMG_3414.JPG

diggummup

Gold Member
Jul 15, 2004
Somewhere in the woods
Detector(s) used
Whites M6
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I can tell you that what you have is not the actual rationing card, rather the "voluntary application" for one. During WWI in the U.S., rationing was not mandatory but it was encouraged and done on a voluntary basis. "Voluntary Sugar Rations" consisted of two pounds, per person, per month so that America could send excess sugar to France, Italy and Britain. The same conservation was encouraged of wheat and meat.

save.gif save1.gif save2.gif

Diggit

Mar 25, 2012
Michigan
Detector(s) used
White's MXT, DFX, GMT and Fisher F5
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Could you imagine asking people in the US to ration things for a war effort TODAY?

the "me, me, me... I'm ENTITLED to" generation would have a cow.

2ndisbest

Nov 6, 2009
Could you imagine asking people in the US to ration things for a war effort TODAY? the "me, me, me... I'm ENTITLED to" generation would have a cow.
As soon as America declares war I will be happy to ration for the cause. Until we actually declare a war through a congressional vote, the government takes enough of the fruits of my labor. Just imagine if we didn't involve our military in so many other countries around the globe how much more we could have.

OP
OP
goldencoin

goldencoin

Gold Member
Sep 27, 2005
Indiana
Detector(s) used
Whites DFX & Beach Hunter ID
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I can tell you that what you have is not the actual rationing card, rather the "voluntary application" for one. During WWI in the U.S., rationing was not mandatory but it was encouraged and done on a voluntary basis. "Voluntary Sugar Rations" consisted of two pounds, per person, per month so that America could send excess sugar to France, Italy and Britain. The same conservation was encouraged of wheat and meat.
Thanks for the additional information,

HH
-GC

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions