Wyoming Gold

r_neck7

Apr 7, 2019
Rock Springs, WY
Detector(s) used
Whites GMT, Whites Spectra V3i an a Fisher Gold Bug II
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Here are my best finds out nugget shooting here in Wyoming around the South Pass area. Hopefully I will be able to get out a lot more this year than in the previous years due to work and maybe I can just get lucky and get some more of these. The biggest nugget is just over 1 1/2 oz. and the smaller ones are close to 1/4 oz. The nuggets were all found with my Whites GMT. I have a hard time deciding whether to pan/sluice/highbank knowing I'm going to get gold in the area by doing those versus picking up the detector and swinging but the swinging has paid off in a lot bigger chunks :laughing7:

Attachments

• 20171018_121029.jpg
    20171018_121029.jpg
    260.9 KB · Views: 189
  • 20171018_121114.jpg
    20171018_121114.jpg
    112.6 KB · Views: 146
Upvote 13

cyzak

Bronze Member
Jul 14, 2018
Mountains of Western Colorado
Detector(s) used
Garrett, General Mathematics, Geometry,Pentax,,Do the math it's there.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Welcome to Tnet from Colorado nice looking color there but watch out you will start a stampede to the area. lol

OP
OP
r_neck7

r_neck7

Apr 7, 2019
Rock Springs, WY
Detector(s) used
Whites GMT, Whites Spectra V3i an a Fisher Gold Bug II
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Welcome to Tnet from Colorado nice looking color there but watch out you will start a stampede to the area. lol

Thanks! I always laugh because just about all the prospectors around here just think there is just fine gold in the area. I went to a GPAA event one time and there was an older gentleman who was telling everyone there that there is just flour gold and you shouldn't bother with a detector and when I started laughing and told him I know of a few people including myself who have gotten nuggets but he just thought I was lying:laughing7: They ain't as common in the area compared other states but they are there and you dont find them if you dont look!

tamrock

Gold Member
Jan 16, 2013
Colorado
Detector(s) used
Bounty Hunter Tracker IV
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Wow, I've driven more than a few times over by south pass. Those are some astonishing finds. I think Wyoming's been somewhat overlooked, as most of the gold rush miners we're more concerned about getting to California before everyone else did. A lady in Bagg's showed me a nugget some years back she said she bought off some cowboys who worked the ranch's down south of you. She said they found it panning the steams in the area of the Colo-Wyo border.

cyzak

Bronze Member
Jul 14, 2018
Mountains of Western Colorado
Detector(s) used
Garrett, General Mathematics, Geometry,Pentax,,Do the math it's there.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
It seems and old timer told me about Rock Creek one time but the furthest I have been is to Hans peak south of Steamboat, gold is were you find it funny mineral it is.

Oct 5, 2014
Massachusetts
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Garrett: AT Pro, AT Gold & Infinium; Minelab: Explorer SE, II; Simplex; Tesoro: Tejon & Outlaw; White's: V3i
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Very nice job, congrats! :occasion14:

A2coins

Gold Member
Dec 20, 2015
Ann Arbor
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Equinox 800
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting