x ray attachement

sawmill man

Jun 12, 2016
KENTUCKY
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
I just seen a construction commercial of a xray devise that hooked on to your smart phone, the guy was using it to see wires and other things behind the wall. looked like it would be interesting ,might have been out for a long time i dont know. some of you guys that like to look around in old homes might check in on this. i sure would like to see a big version that would look down in the ground. O well just thought i would share it , but i cant remember what it was called.

vpnavy

Super Moderator
Staff member
Jun 15, 2008
York County, PA (USA)
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
tn_link.gif
Until a member pipes in - I searched Google and found...

The phone with 'X-RAY VISION': $149

Walabot sensor lets people peer through walls and see objects hiding in the ground...

Image2.jpg

hvacker

Bronze Member
Aug 18, 2012
New Mexico USA
Detector(s) used
My Head
Primary Interest:
Other
I read the add and found it super misleading. By saying that it differs from X rays that are "a form of electromagnetic radiation" and uses thousands of radio waves instead. Guess what, radio waves are also electromagnetic radiation. In fact radar uses radio waves that can be very dangerous. I've been around military radar facilities where there were clear warnings about keeping distance.
Until the maker is much more upfront about just how the gadget works I wouldn't be anxious about being around the thing.

As a kid, until they were banned, shoe stores often had a machine where I could stand on and put my feet partly in an opening. I could see the bones in my feet and wiggle my toes. It kept kids very entertained but also exposed them to very potentially harmful X rays. Back a bit the American Pickers, on their show, ran into one of these. Brought back memories.

hvacker

Bronze Member
Aug 18, 2012
New Mexico USA
Detector(s) used
My Head
Primary Interest:
Other
But that would mean I'd have to buy a dumb phone. Ain't gonna happen, I'll keep swingin' thank you.

It's likely smart phones will be in most all our futures just like the old land lines were at one time, and TV's, horseless carriages etc.
When so many lost treasures happened because some tree was gone or a rock fell down we have GPS to find our way back. (maybe)

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread