x terra 30 vs idx pro

Jerxs

Apr 10, 2004
NEPA
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I couldnt tell yah for sure, but I will say that minelab has impressed me with their FBS and BBS technologies I would suspect that their VFLEX technology is also very reliable.

Born2Dtect

Bronze Member
Jun 11, 2004
Hurlock, Maryland
Detector(s) used
XP Deus, Excalibur II
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I own a IDX Pro. It will do great for all types of detecting you mentioned. I have found good things with mine. The X-terra 30 is OK but I shy away from it because of the fact that the frequency changes with the coil. So to get better results you need to buy other coils. :-\ I do however like Minelab products, Have a Quattro and a Explorer II. ;)

Ed Donovan

Born2Dtect

Bronze Member
Jun 11, 2004
Hurlock, Maryland
Detector(s) used
XP Deus, Excalibur II
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Minelabs X terra line features detectors with multiple coils. Each detector is normally sold with a single coil(one frequency). Other coils of different frequencies are sold separate. The idea being you choose a coil with the best frequency for the type of detecting you are going to be doing. Seems like it could be a little costly to do if you want to hunt multiple types of areas for a multitude of various finds. The Whites IDX Pro can still be found used if you keep an eye out.

Ed Donovan

OP
OP
syclone0182

syclone0182

Jun 24, 2006
tn
Detector(s) used
tesoro cibola - minelab equinox 600
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
i ended up getting the x terra 30 ( good deal i could not pass up $200 ). i have not had much time to use it but it seems like a good detector.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread