X-Terra 50

windrun

Oct 30, 2007
Eudora, Kansas
Detector(s) used
Minelab X-Terra 50
I got a new X-Terra 50 from the mail yesterday and put all together, then I went out on my field for test it. Should I leave the number two mode setting for gold, silver and coins only? Before, I put all medal mode setting, oh boy, too many beep sound, so I changed to number two mode, not much beep. I got several empty shotgun shells and old light bulb for few hours and no time for today - family Easter Day. I will try that this week on my field. The weather will be so nice as warmer now.

Richard

Rifleman

Oct 1, 2007
For general hunting, I like the # 1 pattern and then I will sometimes go back over the same area in all metal. All metal can get pretty noisy when there is a lot of trash, that's why I like pattern 1. In an area that does not have a lot of trash, I use all metal. Try hunting in a very trashy area with 99 tones, the detector almost makes music. Go slow and listen to the tones. A good target will make a clean tone and the target will usually ID to the same number with multiple sweeps, a target such as a pull tab will have the numbers skipping all over the place. Anytime the number jump around 2 or more digits, it's usually not a good target, but there are exceptions, so it may pay to dig the target until you get used to the machine. If you do multiple sweeps, turn off the auto tracking. The X-Terra has a fairly quick learning curve. Once you learn it well, it really makes a difference. Go to the X-Terra section on this site. There is a lot of great information to be had. Be sure to read the FAQFAQ, it's very informative. I printed out the whole thing so I could really take my time reading it and have it as a reference.

Good hunting, John K

OP
OP
windrun

windrun

Oct 30, 2007
Eudora, Kansas
Detector(s) used
Minelab X-Terra 50
Thank you, John. I go out and test it, hmm, see different.....AM is too tough for me as too many beep, so I changed to 1 mode, prefect, not much beep sound till beep, what I found a nice old quarter by two inches below. The X-Terra 50 said two inches and beep sound, prefect!

Thank you!
Richard

katzgalore

Greenie
Apr 10, 2008
Hello:
I am the new Kat in the Alley :cat: :laughing7:
What do you mean by "patteren?"
Is this machine a turn on and run with it or is the learning curve
going to stime one's brain?

Katz :cat:

OP
OP
windrun

windrun

Oct 30, 2007
Eudora, Kansas
Detector(s) used
Minelab X-Terra 50
Hi Katz-

You have a question about Patteren?

There are three different mode setting in the display-
Pattern AM (All Metal) Accepts signals from all types of metals, everything from jewellery to rusty nails. Like too many trash metal everywhere on the field, beep, beep,
Pattern 1) Accepts signals from non-ferrous targets, e.g. gold and silver coins. Rejects ferrous objects and non-ferrous aluminium foil.
Pattern 2) Accepts signals from most non-ferrous targets. Rejects those from ferrous objects and some non-ferrous targets, e.g. aluminium foil and pull tabs.

So, I tested it and really like to start with the Pattern 1. If beep, then change to Pattern 2 and see if there is coin or not.

Other question, Is this machine a turn on and run with it or is the learning curve going to stime one's brain?

Oh yes! I recharged the battery overnight, then I put it in the X-Terra 50 in late afternoon, the display show same way when you turn off. When I see the Pattern 2, before go home and took battery off for recharge, then put battery in there next day, it still stand with Pattern 2. If Pattern 1 or All metal when you turn off, then it still stand, no change. You don't need to adjust the setting every time when you start on the field. I recommend that you should test first, like put several coins, any metal, etc on the ground, so you can adjust the Pattern setting and see what you hear. Then just leave the mode adjust and go to the field. That is what I did and really love it. Many time, I push the button for turn on, then ready to go!

The X-Terra 50 is good machine, good price as under 500 bucks. If you have rich money, then go to X-Terra 70. If you have tight money, then X-Terra 30 or Ace 250.

If you have any question, please feel free to email me.

Richard

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread