X-Terra 705 or Teknetics Omega 8000

Shenandoah Digger

Nov 22, 2006
Virginia
Detector(s) used
Tried almost everything made since the late 60's
Both great machines. Omega probably a little better in trash. Xterra much easier for someone fairly new to the hobby to use. I've got both and wouldn't want to part with either. Both have very good depth.

OP
OP
E

EZdiggen

Aug 22, 2010
Thanks for the reply Shenandoah.

I've read quite a bit about both machines and I am not surprised that you tried and have enjoyed both detectors.
I don't know how soon I would get both of them so my dilema is to figure out the one that is best for me.
Currently I am looking for coins in parks and schools. I haven't done research yet on sites that may hold old silver coins but hope to get to that point soon. I know I will need a deep machine for those conditions. I just found the posts of Digger USA (Digger on other forums) I really appreciate his insite into the X-Terra 705. I still have several weeks to go untill I have the cash to make my buying decision so my study will continue on these two machines.

Regards,
EZ

Shenandoah Digger

Nov 22, 2006
Virginia
Detector(s) used
Tried almost everything made since the late 60's
Well Randy knows the Xterra's better than anyone. I enjoy hunting with the Xterra more than any other detector I've used. The tones and ease of use are great. The Omega is a very capable detector, but it doesn't have the pleasant tones that the Xterra does, and may be somewhat frustrating for a new user. And of course the Xterra is versatile with the different coils available, and operates very quietly. The Omega is much more chatty, but will find good items next to bad better than most. Good luck with your decision.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread