X-terra 705 vs Tejon

artzstuff1

Bronze Member
Oct 8, 2008
Wayne Co. IL. "POND CREEK"
Detector(s) used
Tesoro's (many- 7-8)
It depends,,,, if you want to hear something that sounds like some drunk blowing on a picalo,,,then get a minelab,,,,

hahahahahaha!!!!!!,,,,,tejon all the way ,,,no question.

John (Ma)

Silver Member
Jul 12, 2007
Western Massachusetts
Detector(s) used
Minelab Excal 1000, Tesoro Silver Umax, Tiger Shark and Whites MXT.
The tejon is my choice. Whe I had a TID machine, i had the tendency to rely to much on the screen. While relic hunting, you need to dig more. Once you start to get used to the Tejon, it's hard to beat.

Boilermaker27

Oct 16, 2003
St. Louis
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Tejon/Minelab Safari/Minelab Excalibur2
for relic hunting I depend on the Tejon. However, I am considering a Minelab 705 for some coin hunting. My friend uses and old White's Eagle and smears me on coins when I use the Tejon. He knows his machine and he can read his meter and knows the numbers. So, for coin hunting I would use the Minelab because I could depend on the numbers, believe me, the Tejon is good, but in a trashy site you are going to get signals everywhere and not have any idea of what to dig without a meter.. But, for relic hunting I would rely first on my Tejon because it is a very fast recovery machine and I can cover a lot of ground and the machine won't miss a signal. If you want to find a civil war site go with the Tejon.

OP
OP
B

BamaBill

Nov 8, 2006
N. Alabama
Detector(s) used
Minelab X-terra 70, AT Pro, Tesoro Tejon, ML X-terra 50
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Thanks jhettel, I have a 705 and its great for coinshooting and separation in trash. I'm planning on picking up a beep dig, like a Tejon to suppplement for CW relic hunting, where depth is a little more important (a lot of stuff is found at 8" and deeper around here).

vaquero44

Bronze Member
Dec 6, 2009
Maine
Detector(s) used
Deep Tech Vista RG 1000, Deep Tech Vista Gold, Deep Tech RELIC, Garrett prop pointer.....bazooka gold 36" gold trap, Angus MacKirk Grubstake sluice, my version of mikes trommel, echo crevice vac, Gold
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
fisher 1270 kick but depth as well!

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread