X-Terra 705 with NEL-Storm 3 kHz search coil

fever87

Aug 16, 2009
Chesapeake, VA
Detector(s) used
Minelab X-Terra 705, Equinox 600, GPX 4500
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
I am currently swinging a NEL 12" Hunter coil. It is a heavy beast! I like what it can do but it is a brute! Can't tell you anything about the Storm. As long as your 705 was made prior to April of last year it will work. As you may know machines made after that will not recognize the coil.

Longhair

May 26, 2012
Backside Of Nowhere In Mid-Michigan
Detector(s) used
Fisher F2,
Fisher 1280X,
MineLab Xterra 705,
MineLab Explorer SE
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
As long as your 705 was made prior to April of last year it will work. As you may know machines made after that will not recognize the coil.
He knows. He's posted the same question on several forums. He also knows that it is an illegally produced coil, which is why the post-April 2012 machines had the firmware change to negate their use.

I highly recommend the legally produced Coiltek 3kHz coils. My reveiw of the 6in "Digger" 3kHz can be seen HERE.

ivanll

Jul 5, 2008
TNQ
Dear All,

I would like to ask have any of you used X-Terra 705 with NEL-Storm 3 kHz search coil and what are your experiences with this?

Many thanks for answering,
Pannonian[/QUOTE

NEL are the first fully independent coil maker for X-Terra, with a comprehensive range available.
Outstanding coils to work with.......... produced and sold legally in country of manufacture.......... second to none in both performance and quality!
NEL-Storm 3kHz is excellent for serious detecting.:icon_thumright:
ivanll

Longhair

May 26, 2012
Backside Of Nowhere In Mid-Michigan
Detector(s) used
Fisher F2,
Fisher 1280X,
MineLab Xterra 705,
MineLab Explorer SE
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
NEL are the first fully independent coil maker for X-Terra, with a comprehensive range available.
Outstanding coils to work with.......... produced and sold legally in country of manufacture.......... second to none in both performance and quality!
And a serious patent infringement everywhere that observes the law.
A matter of opinion...certainly not fact.

Coils for Xterras aren't simply wire windings in an epoxy filled plastic housing like most VLF coils. SmartCoil™ technology involves a patented proprietory chip in the coil that communicates with the control head. Coiltek has gone through the process of negotiating with Minelab to produce the coils, and then spent over a year developing and rigorously testing their product before distribution. None of which was done by NEL. To even compare the two is almost a joke. The quality of Coiltek's products is well known and highly regarded, and I doubt that NEL will ever have an equal reputation, much less take the lead.
IMO, they're nothing more than boot-leggers.

sagittarius

Jan 24, 2012
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I started metal detecting in the late 60's with a D-Tex I bought fron Bill Mahan in Dallas. It was an off & on hobby for my working years but the last few after retirement I have bought and sold many detectors looking for the perfect one. The Minelab's are my detector of choice. The results below are not a scientific test but reflects my results.

I recently ordered and received in two weeks my Nel 12X13 7.5 kHz Tornado coil and have been testing it. The construction is excellent, appears equal to the Pro coil with accurate TID numbers. In my several years old test garden I have coins buried at 8". The most difficult coin to hit and correctly identify is the dime masked by some unidentified iron. The Nel coil on my 705 hit it harder than any other detector or any other coil I have owned. 705 X-Terra coils recently tested are 9" 7.5 kHz concentric, 9" 3kHz concentric, Coiltek 3" 3kHz DD and the 10X5 DD coil. Also detectors included in the comparison are Sovereign Elite, Ctx 3030, Explorer SE Pro, Safari and a large number of other brands.

I know coil size matters and the Nel coil is the largest coil I have tried except a 13" Ultimate on the Elite. The difference between the Nel and others in my opinion is obvious, with a stronger signal and locked on TID.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread