Xlt Heavy Trash Program??? Is it Out there

engine 823

Dec 27, 2007
Waynesburg, KY
Detector(s) used
Whites XLT, ACE 150
Okay here is my question. I have access to a site to hunt, but I attempted it with the preset programs and standard coil and it is loaded with junk! I know a smaller coil would help me separate the junk from good targets but that is not a option right now. Is there a program out there that would allow me to eliminate most if not all of the trash noise??? I realize I will lose some good targets in the process but right now the site is almost undetectable.
Also if this program is available does it eliminate the sound from the trash targets or just break them up?? It's a contant beep almost when operating in the preset coin program on this site.
My favorate program is the relic program but in trash areas it is horrible.
I guess what I'm asking is what program would be good for those homes we can hunt that are loaded with trash but still have lots of potential???? I would like to eleminate the trash sounds altogether so I don't have a major headache when I'm finished hunting.
Also if it helps I live in Central Kentucky

Upvote 0

Frankn

Gold Member
Mar 21, 2010
Maryland
Detector(s) used
XLT , surfmaster PI , HAYS 2Box , VIBRA-TECTOR
One mans trash is another mans treasure! The question is what is your trash made of. If it is iron, adjest Bottlecap reject to a higher # This is under discrimination. If your problem is aluminum, under discrimination again is a setting called Learn Reject. It will adjest your detector to ignore presented samples. I hope you still have your manual. If not get one from Whites site. In yards, I dig everything but nails. Valueables can be made of anything like that 200 year old blacksmith made ax that I conserved and mounted this year.

Here's another hint, Aluminum will always show up on your bargraph at app. 1/8 " to the right of center.
Good luck trying these out!

jharhed

Jan 5, 2008
Marrero LA
Detector(s) used
DFX, MX5, M6, Garrett Pro Pointer AT
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I'm in the exact same situation. I found a program that basically block discs out everything below 50, 30 on recovery and PAG at 2, its still very noisy because of discriminated out garbage. I've sell my other machine to get another coil, no way around it

Frankn

Gold Member
Mar 21, 2010
Maryland
Detector(s) used
XLT , surfmaster PI , HAYS 2Box , VIBRA-TECTOR
Brass falls between 30&40 VDI . There are some nice brass items to be found!

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread