xlt whites depth

I air tested it in preprogrammed coin mode and only get 6 1/2 on coin is my machine working right. Also is the new v3i a lot better for depth

What size coin was it? For a dime-sized target, presets on the xlt ought to get about 8", and a quarter to perhaps 9" (depending on what you consider a signal or not, of varying degrees of repeatability, etc...) Are you sure you're swinging the target fast enough by the coil in your air test? The XLT is a fairly fast motion swing machine (requires motion in disc. mode, and the faster you whip, the deeper the depth, *to a degree anyhow*). Try it again with a fast clip on your swing sweep.

I have an xlt and v3i. Tom is right, swing a little faster with the xlt and the depth will increase. My son now uses the xlt and I'm still learning the v3i but there is a lot of differences between the two.

Is the v3 or v3i that much better a lot deeper I am new and digging memorial pennies @ 6 inches think I need deeper detector

great....there is a nice learning curve on the v3 and v3i. I think there are around 168? settings you can adjust....think i have used about 190..lol . I have found quite a few coins that the xlt wouldn't hit on. My deepest with the xlt has been around 7". So far...I have dug a few coins at 8" to 9" but most of the coins I find is below 4". It really depends on the location you are hunting and how much the coins will sink. I haven't tried the v3i in any real old places yet...I think if you are just starting, stick with the xlt and play with the preloaded programs. You can also do a google search on jb xlt programs and give them a shot. Get used to that one first..you can always upgrade...GL and HH

How deep is silver normally
There again, it just depends on where you hunt. I have been finding mercs last week at about 2 inches. My son found a 1906 silver half dollar at 3" with the xlt....You just never know..Depth is not always an indicator of age...I have found stinkin Lincolns down 5 or 6"...

I'm in black moist dirt thanks for the input. Was getting tired of digging 2 to 3 inch coin dug about 40 Lincoln cents and 2 wheaties. And one Indian head @ 6 inchea

I'm in black moist dirt thanks for the input. Was getting tired of digging 2 to 3 inch coin dug about 40 Lincoln cents and 2 wheaties. And one Indian head @ 6 inchea
I had been detecting for about 5 years before I found my first Indian....you have done good. Try some of JB's programs. I think you will have fun playing with those...Just don't get discouraged..and have FUN...:))

Your detector may have a fault but we would need to know what coin you are testing . If it was as large as a quarter something is badly wrong. That programme and the stock coil I can air test a quarter at 10.5 inches. Not that I would ever use that programme as its so mild. For depth your going to have to increase sensitivity and/or Pre -Amp which should take the air depth to over 14 inches.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions

Back