XP Deus 2 WS6 vs Nokta Legend ?

martinguitar

Feb 28, 2012
Ohio
Detector(s) used
CTX 3030
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Previously used a Whites MXT Pro , Etrac , CTX3030 and Equinox 600 . 95% of my hunting is old homesites ridden with iron trash , with an occasional beach vacation once a year or so . Which machine would you suggest to work the thick iron ?

Not totally ruled out spending more money to get the regular Deus 2 , just happen to have $800 in hand .

relicmeister

Bronze Member
Jul 26, 2012
Poconos, Nw.NJ & Delaware Valley
Detector(s) used
XP Orx Deus II, 9” coil
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
I think the Deus2 WS6 or remote ( I use both) beats the Legend ( had and sold) by a wide margin. The Legend is really good , especially considering the price- , I just didn’t care for it. Just having the WS6 alone- even though it easily controls everything on the Deus2, would seem like it’s missing something, and I’m glad i also have the remote which is really nice to use and has the useful
X-Y graph and is preferable if you enjoy advanced settings which is done easier on the remote. I love the range of options the Deus2 has like the ability to wear the WS6 or even the remote on your wrist or stem. On the downside using the D2 in water requires the antenna which has to be connected to coil and remote and is less convenient than the Legend which is always water ready. If weight is paramount you will certainly prefer the Deus2 in any format. It’s the lightest detector available. In comparison to the D2 the Legend to me is “heavy “ Good luck whatever you decide.

pepperj

Gold Member
Feb 3, 2009
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Deus, Deus 2, Minelab 3030, E-Trac,
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
I see your very familiar with owning high end machines.
I myself have hunted sites with the etrac, 3030, Deus 1, then hunted with the Deus 2.
In the open separated target areas the Deus 1 cleaned it up well.
Though in the heavy iron, the D2 woke the sites up again.
I was really impressed by the machine's separation capabilities, Target ID, plus the ability to configure the different programs to ones preference.
I keep thinking why would you want to take a step down in technology?
It is a bit of a learning curve from the Minelab to the Deus 2.
Best of luck with your choice.

OP
OP
M

martinguitar

Feb 28, 2012
Ohio
Detector(s) used
CTX 3030
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Thanks for the replies so far . I am leaning toward the XP WS6 . Just hesitating a bit before I pull the trigger on one .

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread