XP Deus 4.0..."Killin' it"

usmcscorpio

Oct 7, 2003
Delaware
......(One of my favorite quotes from "Calabash Digger" from one of his Deus videos!) :usflag:

Just returned from a 4 day trip down to the Camp Lejeune/Jacksonville NC area. We were visiting friends, but decided to bring along the Deus just in the off-chance that I'd actually have time to hunt for a bit.

Just a quick note: I was stationed here at the Marine Corps Base, Camp Lejeune from 1981-2001 and retired. During that time at Lejeune, I hunted the same area MANY times with several top-of-the-line detectors, and

did very well...but you know how a smaller site sometimes simply stops producing after many hunts.

On our last day before we returned up north/home, I finally had about 4 hours to detect, and headed to an area that had always produced, but had "dried-up".

Dried-up, that is...until I tried the area for the 1st time with the XP Deus!

Started to immediately get deep signals hiding down between trash signals, and after much digging, I ended-up with:

Several clad Quarters, Dimes, & Pennies, as well as 9 Wheat Pennies (1940-1954)

6 Silver Dimes! (1940-1956)

The Mercury Dime was found at a solid 8" plus depth, while the Roosevelt Dimes varied at around 6" to 8" depth range.

The "TID" Target I.D. # ranged from 92 to 93 on the silver dimes.

I'm amazed and VERY pleased with the XP Deus ability to separate the trash from the target, and still get the kind of depth it takes to reach some of the old stuff!

If you really listen for the tones and the subtle changes in pitch & volume, you can really tag some deep stuff with the Deus!

With regards to the silver dimes, in every case the coin was found in either close-proximity/or had iron/nail/trash in the hole with it! Amazing

The program I was using is a modified "Sifter" Program, 11" inch Coil:

Sens: 93
TX: 3
Freq: 11.8
Iron Vol: 0
Reactivity: 2.5
Silencer: -1
Audio Resp: 4
Audio Overload: 1
Notch: 0
Discrim: 1.0
I.D. Norm: ON

Sorry for the long post...I know the coins aren't extremely old, but it was a thrill finding them!

Happy Hunting to all!

IMG_0976.JPG IMG_0977.JPG IMG_0982.JPG

Last edited:
Oct 5, 2014
Massachusetts
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Garrett: AT Pro, AT Gold & Infinium; Minelab: Explorer SE, II; Simplex; Tesoro: Tejon & Outlaw; White's: V3i
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Congratualtions on the nice finds! :occasion14:

vferrari

Silver Member
Jul 19, 2015
Near Ground Zero for Insanity
Detector(s) used
XP Deus with HF/x35 Coils and Mi6 Pinpointer/ML Equinox 600/800/ML Tarsacci MDT 8000 GPX 4800/Garrett ATX/Fisher F75 DST/Tek G2+/Delta/Whites MXT/Nokta Simplex/Garrett Carrot
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Nice finds. I guess it's appropriate you found a Globe and Anchor device. Cub scout vs. marine - wonder who won? Lol.

Eu_citzen

Gold Member
Sep 19, 2006
Sweden
Detector(s) used
White's V3, Minelab Explorer II & XP Deus.
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
Good going!

Deft Tones

Bronze Member
Mar 24, 2016
Hawkeye State - Area 515
Detector(s) used
Whites V3i, XP Deus, Minelab Sovereign GT, Garrett AT Pro, Whites TRX (2), Predator Raven, Predator Raptor, Lesche Sampson
Primary Interest:
Other
Blood makes the grass grow....

Spent 4 months at LeJeune summer of 93' while awaiting my discharge. I think I saw you there...lol.

Nice finds.

Keep on killin' it!

tabman

Bronze Member
Jul 5, 2011
Germantown, Tennessee
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Presently: CTX 3030, Tesoro Modded Cibola, F75LTD-2, XP Deus, Tesoro Mojave, MXT Pro, Tesoro Eldorado, Whites MXT All Pro, Minelab Equinox, Fisher CZ5 & CZ3D
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Big Congrats! Thanks for sharing your settings.

tabman

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread