fmrUSMC_0844

Bronze Member
Sep 4, 2008
Mormonville, AKA Salt Lake City, UT
Detector(s) used
Whites MXT Pro, Whites TDI, Keene A52, Calsluice, Gold Hog Piglet
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Im not talking about black sand at a beah. Im asking mainly along the lines of prospecting .I know the Deus has a gold field program but there arent many nuggets where I live. So, I guess my question is, is there a way to look for the black sand on the Deus? I am guessing i would just look at the mineralization bar on the right. But I would like some confirmation if that would work. I am hoping it would work similar to the Whites GMT where you can see where the black sand is. Any help is appreciated. Thanks!!

jadocs

Bronze Member
Jun 8, 2016
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
How does the Whites GMT do it?

OP
OP
F

fmrUSMC_0844

Bronze Member
Sep 4, 2008
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
It displays a number at the top right of the screen. The higher the number the more black sand or mineralization you have.

jadocs

Bronze Member
Jun 8, 2016
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
So it is displaying the mineralization of the soil and you are able to locate black sand using that method? If so, yes the Deus also has a mineralization bar and I would assume you could use it the same way.

jadocs

Bronze Member
Jun 8, 2016
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Nope, but if it worked with your whites, I don't see why it wouldn't work with the Deus. Let us know how it goes!

OP
OP
F

fmrUSMC_0844

Bronze Member
Sep 4, 2008
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I did some testing after work yesterday. I put black sand with some dirt in one gold pan and just dirt in the other. Going over the pan with the black sand the mineralization bar went ap about 3/4 of the way up. The pan without the black sand went down. I am going to do a little more testing with this and make a video on it. Hopefully that works in the creeks!

Sep 14, 2016
Phoenix, AZ
Detector(s) used
XP Deus, fisher F75, Fisher F19, Fisher Gold Bug Pro, Fisher Gold Bug 2, Tesoro Compadre, Tesoro Vaquero, Equinox 800, Excalibur 2, CTX 3030, Fisher CZ3D, Minelab GB Xtreme PI
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Credit to Andy Sabisch, this is from his book.. I dont know why it posted the 2nd sideways

gold1.jpg gold2.jpg

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread