XP Deus for the Wife

jadocs

Bronze Member
Jun 8, 2016
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Purchased a second XP for my wife as an anniversary gift. The traditional material associated with 21 years is Brass and Nickel. So what's better than a metal detector...or a XP! Now she can dig all the brass and nickel she wants right? lol.

Actually she was pretty excited because now this is something we can do together.

My plan is to start her off slow, by first having her dig all my targets while I explain what the tones mean (just kidding).

146dd4ea0efe82111f1dcc342386114a.jpg

Calabash Digger

Gold Member
Apr 18, 2016
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
XP DEUS II ,XP DEUS, EQUINOX 800, EXCALIBUR II,
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I tried to talk my wife into it but she doesnt want to get her hands dirty! good luck and congrats.

OP
OP
jadocs

jadocs

Bronze Member
Jun 8, 2016
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Took her out today on a first beach hunt. I didn't bring mine because I wanted to walk beside her and explain what the tones mean and what the control unit was saying.

This was a salt water beach and I am very surprised at how well the Deus performed. Nice and quite until we hit a target. Tried both the dry beach and wet beach programs with minor tweaks. No treasure to show for this mornings effort, but it was pulling small bits of foil 10" deep (wet sand at that point).

Had another target that rang up in the high 80's which I should have checked with another frequency to rule out iron....but this baby was about 18" deep past the dry sand, past the wet sand, and into hard black clay. Gave up on trying to get it out. I was about to have a stroke from the heat lol, and it would have probably been a boat anchor lol

TheHunterGT

Bronze Member
Feb 2, 2015
Central California
Detector(s) used
Anfibio Multi - T2 Classic - F75+ - G2+....and MANY more tested and reviewed.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
My wife is an avid detectorist. She puts in a good 15 hours any given week. She did not even want to touch the Deus before I sent it back to Loco-Digger. Asked her at least 4-5 times if she wanted to try it...nada.

I told her she was bonkers. Wish she would have at least tried it. :dontknow:

OP
OP
jadocs

jadocs

Bronze Member
Jun 8, 2016
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
That's surprising Hunter. You would think she would want to try it out.

vferrari

Silver Member
Jul 19, 2015
Near Ground Zero for Insanity
Detector(s) used
XP Deus with HF/x35 Coils and Mi6 Pinpointer/ML Equinox 600/800/ML Tarsacci MDT 8000 GPX 4800/Garrett ATX/Fisher F75 DST/Tek G2+/Delta/Whites MXT/Nokta Simplex/Garrett Carrot
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
She knew that if she tried it, she would have to agree yhat you should get one instead of the T2. 😉

TheHunterGT

Bronze Member
Feb 2, 2015
Central California
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
That's surprising Hunter. You would think she would want to try it out.

I think the menu scared her off. She is definitely a turn on and go detectorist. Showing her the ground balance setup on the Gold Bug was enough for her to give me "the look" when she first got started. Almost got her a Cibola to be honest.

It pretty awesome your wife is a go for it. You guys are going to have tons of fun together. I love it when my wife comes with me.

She knew that if she tried it, she would have to agree yhat you should get one instead of the T2. ��

I think you may be onto something....

OP
OP
jadocs

jadocs

Bronze Member
Jun 8, 2016
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hunter, yeah my wife actually sat down and watched all 10 of Gary's videos this weekend. I told her to do that before reading Andy's book.

TheHunterGT

Bronze Member
Feb 2, 2015
Central California
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hunter, yeah my wife actually sat down and watched all 10 of Gary's videos this weekend. I told her to do that before reading Andy's book.

My wife would have laughed in my face if I told her to watch a video or read a book to set something up. She has not even cracked open her 20 page Gold Bug manual. She knows the numbers and the sounds...and how to GB and set disc. Beyond that is an effort in futility.

She goes with me all the time and usually finds the goods better than I do...so I count myself blessed....or cursed. Not sure which just yet. Only married 16 years...need 16 more to figure her out.

HuntinDog

Bronze Member
May 26, 2010
No. Cal.
Detector(s) used
XP DEUS / MXT PRO / Garrett ProPointer
" She goes with me all the time and usually finds the goods better than I do...so I count myself blessed....or cursed. Not sure which just yet. Only married 16 years...need 16 more to figure her out."

TheHunterGT..
I've been married 39 years and still haven't figured her out... LOL

The Dirt Pirate

Dec 21, 2015
Los Angeles CA/ Las Vegas NV
Detector(s) used
White's GMT, White's M6, Garrett AT Pro, Minelab CTX 3030, Minelab SDC 2300, White's DFX, White's MXT, White's XLT, Garrett 2500 GTI, Fisher F75, Minelab GPX 4500, Minelab GPX 5000, Minelab GPZ 7000
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I have never used one but I keep hearing good things about that detector. A lot of guys on youtube use that detector and they find a ton of good stuff with it. That's actually the detector I am considering getting my wife.

vferrari

Silver Member
Jul 19, 2015
Near Ground Zero for Insanity
Detector(s) used
XP Deus with HF/x35 Coils and Mi6 Pinpointer/ML Equinox 600/800/ML Tarsacci MDT 8000 GPX 4800/Garrett ATX/Fisher F75 DST/Tek G2+/Delta/Whites MXT/Nokta Simplex/Garrett Carrot
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I think the menu scared her off. She is definitely a turn on and go detectorist. Showing her the ground balance setup on the Gold Bug was enough for her to give me "the look" when she first got started. Almost got her a Cibola to be honest.

It pretty awesome your wife is a go for it. You guys are going to have tons of fun together. I love it when my wife comes with me.

I think you may be onto something....

BTW since I was too busy trying too hard to make bad wife jokes, I forgot to mention that I consider the Deus to be a great turn it on and go detector. I gave my kids just the stem and coil and a pair of ws4 back phones (basically the Deus lite configuration) turned on basic 2 and let them have a blast at the beach. (Now that I know better, I would've picked Deus fast, but whatever). In fact, Deus lite might be a great economical spousal configuration and she might even praise your cost consciousness (right after she steals the control box and forces you into using the Deus lite setup, zing)

Last edited:
OP
OP
jadocs

jadocs

Bronze Member
Jun 8, 2016
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
My wife would have laughed in my face if I told her to watch a video or read a book to set something up. She has not even cracked open her 20 page Gold Bug manual. She knows the numbers and the sounds...and how to GB and set disc. Beyond that is an effort in futility.

She goes with me all the time and usually finds the goods better than I do...so I count myself blessed....or cursed. Not sure which just yet. Only married 16 years...need 16 more to figure her out.

Hey the fact that she enjoys it and enjoys doing it with you (...that didn't sound right did it) is all that matters!

laidback4sho

Aug 31, 2014
Laconia, NH
Detector(s) used
Currently:
XP Deus v4.1
Minelab Equinox 800
Fisher Gold Bug 2

Previously:
Garrett GTA 500
Garrett Ultra GTA 1000
Garrett GTAx 1250
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hell, jadocs, for a new Deus, I'd marry ya. Make sure you throw in that new MI-6 pinpointer and the elliptical coil, too. :D

OP
OP
jadocs

jadocs

Bronze Member
Jun 8, 2016
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hell, jadocs, for a new Deus, I'd marry ya. Make sure you throw in that new MI-6 pinpointer and the elliptical coil, too. :D

I don't know man, something about that beard and mustache doesn't work for me.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions