Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Upvote 0

Deft Tones

Bronze Member
Mar 24, 2016
Hawkeye State - Area 515
Detector(s) used
Whites V3i, XP Deus, Minelab Sovereign GT, Garrett AT Pro, Whites TRX (2), Predator Raven, Predator Raptor, Lesche Sampson
Primary Interest:
Other
You should have little troubles withe the switch, assuming you used pro audio on the AT.

No, it's not very hard in full tones with 0 discrimination to skip most bottle caps at avg. depth. Add more than 1 to the disc....like 2 and up, and things get harder for sure.

If one learns the full tones on the deus, then the controller is needed only for making advanced settings changes.

BobTheDigger

Jul 7, 2016
SW PA
Detector(s) used
XP Deus,
AT Pro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I hunted with the AT Pro for 3 years before I picked up the Deus. I like to hunt wide open with no disc or notch and sensitivity as high as it will go and still be stable. I use the full tones with the Deus but you can set it up with 3 tones like the AT Pro, or even 2 or 4 or 5 tones. My advice would be to start out in one of the preset programs to get a feel for it and used to the sounds. Thats what i did and once I got comfortable with it I started making adjustments as to the conditions of the site I was hunting. It has a small learning curve coming off the pro but I quickly caught on. There are a few tricks you can use to determine a bottle cap from a quarter until you learn to hear the difference. One is the XY screen and the other is switching frequencies. I loved the AT Pro when I was using it but now that I have learned the Deus and its capabilities...well the AT Pro is now collecting dust, maybe its time to sell it! You wont regret the Deus. :thumbsup:

OP
OP
Truth

Truth

Gold Member
Apr 13, 2016
Abita Springs La....Born in New Orleans
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
EQUINOX 800
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I hunted with the AT Pro for 3 years before I picked up the Deus. I like to hunt wide open with no disc or notch and sensitivity as high as it will go and still be stable. I use the full tones with the Deus but you can set it up with 3 tones like the AT Pro, or even 2 or 4 or 5 tones. My advice would be to start out in one of the preset programs to get a feel for it and used to the sounds. Thats what i did and once I got comfortable with it I started making adjustments as to the conditions of the site I was hunting. It has a small learning curve coming off the pro but I quickly caught on. There are a few tricks you can use to determine a bottle cap from a quarter until you learn to hear the difference. One is the XY screen and the other is switching frequencies. I loved the AT Pro when I was using it but now that I have learned the Deus and its capabilities...well the AT Pro is now collecting dust, maybe its time to sell it! You wont regret the Deus. :thumbsup:

I appreciate the advice, I'm gonna order it tomorrow :)))))

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Carolina Tom

Gold Member
Apr 4, 2014
Charlotte
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
XP Deus V3.2 9" & 11" Coils, AT Pro, ProPointer AT, Lesche 55, 75 & 80LT
Primary Interest:
Other
I switched from ATP to Deus 2 years ago. The first day was NOT good... but it got better and better.

My advice would be... go hunt easy coins at the park or school a couple of times, as well as utilize the practice garden. I was too cool to do that, so when I came home crying because I couldn't find anything... everyone laughed at me! That made me cry even harder!

Once you learn the machine, you will love it!

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread