Minelab Equinox 800
Fisher Gold Bug 2

Previously:
Garrett GTA 500
Garrett Ultra GTA 1000
Garrett GTAx 1250
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Well I did it. Ain't had no problems here.

Sent from my SM-G920T using Tapatalk

austin_luker

Oct 17, 2014
New York State
Detector(s) used
XP Dues (AKA: EMI Chaser/Dog fence lover)
9" X35 - 11" LF - HF Elliptical - MI6 -
Garrett AT Pro with Neil Storm Coil, NEL SharpShooter and Garrett Pro PinPointer AT (Carrot)
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Ya I'm sure they don't want all of us Beta testing there software. V4.1 for me was the worst release yet. I'll be waiting for the final release.
Side note loving the elliptical coil!

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

Calabash Digger

Gold Member
Apr 18, 2016
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
XP DEUS II ,XP DEUS, EQUINOX 800, EXCALIBUR II,
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
if your machine locks up don't say I didn't warn you lol talked to Moe about the issue too its real. I'm just going on information that was told to me so maybe it will or wont really I don't know.

Last edited:
OP
OP
laidback4sho

laidback4sho

Aug 31, 2014
Laconia, NH
Detector(s) used
Currently:
XP Deus v4.1
Minelab Equinox 800
Fisher Gold Bug 2

Previously:
Garrett GTA 500
Garrett Ultra GTA 1000
Garrett GTAx 1250
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
if your machine locks up don't say I didn't warn you lol talked to Moe about the issue too its real. I'm just going on information that was told to me so maybe it will or wont really I don't know.
If my machine locks up, I'll buy another one. Ain't no fear here in this ol' country boy...

**** happens. I move on. :)

OP
OP
laidback4sho

laidback4sho

Aug 31, 2014
Laconia, NH
Detector(s) used
Currently:
XP Deus v4.1
Minelab Equinox 800
Fisher Gold Bug 2

Previously:
Garrett GTA 500
Garrett Ultra GTA 1000
Garrett GTAx 1250
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Besides, I'm still under warranty. :)

Iron Buzz

Bronze Member
Oct 12, 2016
South St Paul, MN
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
XP Deus, Minelab Equinox 800
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Andy sabisch put a WARNING post over on the other forum about 4.1 beta version
As a matter of fact, I said as much in post #6 of this thread. My detecting pal was on the phone with Andy, talking about some other business, when Andy cautioned him about that. Betas are beta for a reason.

XP-Man

Jul 28, 2014
Lowell, Indiana
Detector(s) used
XP DEUS
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I wonder if andy gets paid from xp? Also he deleted my post under his

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

austin_luker

Oct 17, 2014
New York State
Detector(s) used
XP Dues (AKA: EMI Chaser/Dog fence lover)
9" X35 - 11" LF - HF Elliptical - MI6 -
Garrett AT Pro with Neil Storm Coil, NEL SharpShooter and Garrett Pro PinPointer AT (Carrot)
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
There are 2 options here
1 - there is nothing wrong with the Beta release and they like most companies don't want non-public releases in the wild so make up a story it will brick your machine.
2 - there is an issue with V4.1 and they did a stand-up thing and warned customers not to use it.

*they should have warned us about the small pins on the HF coil or made a guide for the plug so pins don't get smooched

Calabash Digger

Gold Member
Apr 18, 2016
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
XP man don't feel to bad I went over there sometime back and posted some stuff and it got deleted too. lol

vferrari

Silver Member
Jul 19, 2015
Near Ground Zero for Insanity
Detector(s) used
XP Deus with HF/x35 Coils and Mi6 Pinpointer/ML Equinox 600/800/ML Tarsacci MDT 8000 GPX 4800/Garrett ATX/Fisher F75 DST/Tek G2+/Delta/Whites MXT/Nokta Simplex/Garrett Carrot
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Yeah, they are overly sensitive about getting "real" sometimes.

Not worth it to me to take the chance on the beta. First of all, its just a tweak with no real detecting performance or feature gain versus V 4. I really am not having problems with pinpointer connection enough to take the chance. Even under warranty, who wants to lose use of their detector for days or however long they need to fix it. Also, with the Beta, I wonder if they would pull something negative regarding warranty service after they warned people not to use. Who knows, but who needs the headache for basically a nothing update.

jadocs

Bronze Member
Jun 8, 2016
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Yep I'm not playing the beta game anymore. I'll wait for an official release.

OP
OP
laidback4sho

laidback4sho

Aug 31, 2014
Laconia, NH
Detector(s) used
Currently:
XP Deus v4.1
Minelab Equinox 800
Fisher Gold Bug 2

Previously:
Garrett GTA 500
Garrett Ultra GTA 1000
Garrett GTAx 1250
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Well, it's been three months since I last posted in this thread. I used v4.1 beta 1 for a while. Didn't really notice a difference. Then beta 2 came out and I d/l'ed that one. Not really sure what happened between beta 1 and beta 2, but man, the improvements to this machine are right on target. Not sure what they did, but it doesn't seem to false quite as bad on big iron anymore and it seems to have a more recognizable and cleaner tone whenever it's over nonferrous objects, if that makes any sense. Can't wait to see how the official version will be.

Sent from my SM-G955U1 using Tapatalk

Calabash Digger

Gold Member
Apr 18, 2016
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Thanks for the update laidback!

vferrari

Silver Member
Jul 19, 2015
Near Ground Zero for Insanity
Detector(s) used
XP Deus with HF/x35 Coils and Mi6 Pinpointer/ML Equinox 600/800/ML Tarsacci MDT 8000 GPX 4800/Garrett ATX/Fisher F75 DST/Tek G2+/Delta/Whites MXT/Nokta Simplex/Garrett Carrot
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
According to Andy Sabisch, 4.1 is purely addressing the disconnect issues associated with the new pinpointer and other minor bug fixes but has absolutely no documented performance or functional changes with respect to EMI or the way target signals are processed (e.g., falsing) So dunno why it appears to be improving noise/target signals as reported by LB4S. The reason it is taking so long to get out of beta is that XP is having trouble addressing all the different variables that affect disconnects so they can reliably prevent them. The are very close to releasing a final 4.1 version.

XP-Man

Jul 28, 2014
Lowell, Indiana
Detector(s) used
XP DEUS
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Messagee for beta 2.. i have it and love it

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

OP
OP
laidback4sho

laidback4sho

Aug 31, 2014
Laconia, NH
Detector(s) used
Currently:
XP Deus v4.1
Minelab Equinox 800
Fisher Gold Bug 2

Previously:
Garrett GTA 500
Garrett Ultra GTA 1000
Garrett GTAx 1250
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
According to Andy Sabisch, 4.1 is purely addressing the disconnect issues associated with the new pinpointer and other minor bug fixes but has absolutely no documented performance or functional changes with respect to EMI or the way target signals are processed (e.g., falsing) So dunno why it appears to be improving noise/target signals as reported by LB4S. The reason it is taking so long to get out of beta is that XP is having trouble addressing all the different variables that affect disconnects so they can reliably prevent them. The are very close to releasing a final 4.1 version.
Yeah, not sure. I haven't had connection issues at all, even with v4.0, so nothing has changed on that end for me. But it just seems cleaner-sounding. Maybe it's just me. Last weekend, I went out detecting with a buddy of mine and absolutely smoked his ass. Only dug one or two targets that didn't turn out to be coins. Somehow i just knew. The tone was right there. Found my oldest coin to date. A 1738 KGII halfpenny.

Sent from my SM-G955U1 using Tapatalk

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread