XP HF Coil problems

DiggerinVA

Bronze Member
Sep 16, 2013
Shenandoah Valley, Virginia
Detector(s) used
GPX5000, AT Gold, AT Pro, Whites TDI, Bandido 2 umax, Tejon, Vaquero, Deus 2, ORX and Legend
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I have a XP ORX that has very low hours on it as it has only been used as a back up machine since i bought it new last year. I t has the 9" HF coil and has began to drop the coil lately. I have been able to get coil back two times by unplugging coil battery for a few minutes and reconnecting it. But this time it is not fixing the issue..... any thoughts? Is the problem the coil, battery, connector?

TORRERO

30+ YEARS, XP DEUS I & II ARE MY GO TO MACHINES
Nov 17, 2004
NC
Detector(s) used
XP DEUS I & II
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I have a XP ORX that has very low hours on it as it has only been used as a back up machine since i bought it new last year. I t has the 9" HF coil and has began to drop the coil lately. I have been able to get coil back two times by unplugging coil battery for a few minutes and reconnecting it. But this time it is not fixing the issue..... any thoughts? Is the problem the coil, battery, connector?
I had this happen on my DEUS I and I had to return it and they gave me a new coil, I think its the battery

RobNC

Jan 5, 2019
NC
Detector(s) used
Minelab Equinox 800 (Stock Coil)
Nokta Legend (LG30/LG24)
Minelab X-Terra Pro (Stock Coil)
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Try getting a new battery for it. The good thing about the HF Coils is that the battery is not actually inside the coil like the X35 coils are. You should be able to get a new HF battery. However, that may not be the problem at all. It could actually be the coil chipset. When you plug the battery in is it giving a flash every so often? If it is not then for sure the battery is dead. Even when it sits for a time it still flashes when the detector is not on. Try giving it a charge.

TORRERO

Nov 17, 2004
NC
Detector(s) used
XP DEUS I & II
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I had this happen on my DEUS I and I had to return it and they gave me a new coil, I think its the battery
Let me update this after the last post about changing the battery which is inside the pole attached to a stretchy cord.
Mine did not turn out to be the battery more than the transmitter inside the coil I think, that's why DEUS had to replace the coil. Mine was still under warranty so I didn't pay anything. Its been 3-4 years since and I've not had ANY problems with the new one..

TORRERO

Nov 17, 2004
NC
Detector(s) used
XP DEUS I & II
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
You can also put the charging clip on like you are recharging the battery and it might reconnect after, this is what I did and it worked for a while, but kept dropping off until I returned it...

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions