Xterra70 beach hunt 11,blast of clad

Marius

Jun 24, 2008
California
Detector(s) used
minelab x-terra 70
3hours on local beach, i tried next to drink water fountain but nothing but clad..and clad..and..oh..clad
And nails,pulltabs and so... still a lots of fun, bunch of kids came around so i gave them first coin i dig out when they where watching me..and boy that made them run for the hills lol ;D

When i will hit any rings??
Is that seriously takes so much time to find anything interesting or just my beach is full of clad(no complains here)

Attachments

• hunt11.JPG
    hunt11.JPG
    80.6 KB · Views: 377
Upvote 0

juju

Bronze Member
Dec 8, 2007
Burien, Wa.
Detector(s) used
Whites MXT ALL PRO, Grey Ghost Headphones, Garrett Pro-Pointer
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
:thumbsup:
The rings will happen. Once ya get that gold tone down it will be all over but the shoutin. WTG
:icon_pirat:
JuJu

bootybay

Gold Member
Aug 9, 2007
NJ
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
EXCAL 2, SOV. GT
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
what coil and what setting are you using if you dont mind me asking... and sens too please..as I been experimenting with mine.

OP
OP
Marius

Marius

Jun 24, 2008
California
Detector(s) used
minelab x-terra 70
Bootybay said:
what coil and what setting are you using if you dont mind me asking... and sens too please..as I been experimenting with mine.

So far im using stock one,tresh 6-8,sens.15-20,autogroundbalance, i dont use tracking noticed problems,and i hunt in beach mode.
I have no problems at all with coins very accurate signals,if...tehres no high damage or miner. on the coin.

Cant get any gold or silver out of that beach :'( and got soooo many coins. ::)

bootybay

Gold Member
Aug 9, 2007
NJ
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
EXCAL 2, SOV. GT
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
heres what I been using..
coin/treasure mode 1
thres. as low as I can barely hear it..
sens 15-17
beach mode on
tracking on but I leave it on..I dont turn it off to pinpoint..I auto ground balance when I go from dry sand to damp then to wetter.. thats what I been doing and will try yours out...what the hay rite.

OP
OP
Marius

Marius

Jun 24, 2008
California
Detector(s) used
minelab x-terra 70
Bootybay said:
heres what I been using..
coin/treasure mode 1
thres. as low as I can barely hear it..
sens 15-17
beach mode on
tracking on but I leave it on..I dont turn it off to pinpoint..I auto ground balance when I go from dry sand to damp then to wetter.. thats what I been doing and will try yours out...what the hay rite.

Yes i have thres. bit higher coz im checking those breaks in signal,it didn't affected yet my good signals,most of the time im in all metal mode,when i get tired of crap i go to coin1,ive noticed all metal can skip some coins and coin 1 also,i autogroundbalance each 2 belts(15min)
See my beach is long and narrow so i create belts wide as widest swing from right to left,and each belt takes me around 5-10min,its very slow but very accurate way of beach hunt.Sometimes i got signal each 2 swings :icon_pirat:
Hope that will help.

bill17042

Dec 1, 2007
Lebanon Co. Pa.
Detector(s) used
Minelab Explorer II, Kellyco pinpointer
The more time you spend, the more you will find.
Water weighs 8.34 #'s per gallon, I always search where the water runs, such as edges of parking lots. and rest areas or any place that is sloped.
I went to a place in Pa. called "Cold Springs Hotel" which is just a foundation now. I had heard "that a lot of people go detecting there " When I arrived there I looked at it and thought I should go in the opposite direction, where people may have not looked. I got a really nice musket ball, and some artifact that has brass on the end of wood.
I tried at New Smyrna Beach in Fl. but didn't like it.
My best finds are "off the beaten path" and I like the quiet and coolness of the woods.
Another place that had an abandoned town was hilly. I looked at the area and thought "If I lived here,where would be the best place for a house?" I went up that way, and that search resulted in 2 large cents.
Parking areas on sides of roads, the door opens and gravity goes to work, same thing ,pulling keys out of pockets.
I got 2 silver roosevelts in 2 different areas that way.
The ski slope, where " tubing " is done , has some great bumps to help people lose things.
People will come up to you and offer advice, like this one: " there used to be nudist camp and that place would be great, because when people take their pants off all the money falls out ! "
Or: I'm in a public park and someone tells me "you should go to the beach !" I tell them "I've been to the"beach", and they all said " you should go to a park ! "
The way I look at it, as long as you are outside doing something you like, it's worthwhile.
Best of hunting to you.

OP
OP
Marius

Marius

Jun 24, 2008
California
Detector(s) used
minelab x-terra 70
bill17042 said:
The more time you spend, the more you will find.
Water weighs 8.34 #'s per gallon, I always search where the water runs, such as edges of parking lots. and rest areas or any place that is sloped.
I went to a place in Pa. called "Cold Springs Hotel" which is just a foundation now. I had heard "that a lot of people go detecting there " When I arrived there I looked at it and thought I should go in the opposite direction, where people may have not looked. I got a really nice musket ball, and some artifact that has brass on the end of wood.
I tried at New Smyrna Beach in Fl. but didn't like it.
My best finds are "off the beaten path" and I like the quiet and coolness of the woods.
Another place that had an abandoned town was hilly. I looked at the area and thought "If I lived here,where would be the best place for a house?" I went up that way, and that search resulted in 2 large cents.
Parking areas on sides of roads, the door opens and gravity goes to work, same thing ,pulling keys out of pockets.
I got 2 silver roosevelts in 2 different areas that way.
The ski slope, where " tubing " is done , has some great bumps to help people lose things.
People will come up to you and offer advice, like this one: " there used to be nudist camp and that place would be great, because when people take their pants off all the money falls out ! "
Or: I'm in a public park and someone tells me "you should go to the beach !" I tell them "I've been to the"beach", and they all said " you should go to a park ! "
The way I look at it, as long as you are outside doing something you like, it's worthwhile.
Best of hunting to you.

Thx for ur input Bill.
I give my beach break for the weekend ,let some pple lose gold there ::)
Instead i will spend all Sunday hunting 1900s ruins,found one old cent there there must be more ,but are is huge,it may take me 32h :icon_scratch: or so to cover it all,i have all the summer left to do that.
and best hunting to you also.

FCCDFEd

Sep 29, 2007
Terra Bella, Ca.
Detector(s) used
DFX, IDXPro, MXT, Lobo St., At Pro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Just be clad you found something and was able to go out and swing the thing!!!

fccdfed

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread