Ya never know what some of the things ya find might be worth....

Jim C.

Jun 23, 2007
Detector(s) used
Minelab Explorer (is there another brand)
...I may have posted this before. Forgive me if I have. I'm getting old and senile. :hello:
I knew it was a railroad baggage tag but didn't think much of it. So just for kicks I threw it up on ebay thinking I would get a few bucks maybe. My wife and I couldn't believe it while we were watching the bids go up on the last day. It sold for $100. Found out then that railroad stuff is real collectible.

Attachments

• mcrr.jpg
    mcrr.jpg
    29.6 KB · Views: 305

Michiganne

Silver Member
Mar 27, 2007
SW Michigan
Detector(s) used
Explorer SE
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
That's a really cool relic, Jim. :thumbsup: Local RR's are such a thing of the past, unfortunately.

HH

Mike from MI

Silver Member
Oct 13, 2007
Vicksburg Michigan
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Etrac, Minelab Explorer II, Exterra 30, Fisher CZ-21, and CZ-20
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Yeah I found one several years ago and had a guy that wanted to buy it. I kept it and a few months later I seen one just like mine with a different number in W&ET magazine. Mark Parker valued it at between $350 and $450. Mine is in better shape than the one in the magazine! :icon_thumleft:

postalgriff

Silver Member
Aug 7, 2008
Southern Michigan
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Minelab SE
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
nice one, glad you made some mooola off that. My wife sells things on ebay and we made a few good garage sale finds, and I know how it can be exciting watching people fight over those things in the last few minutes. cool stuff.

Brentallica

Bronze Member
May 6, 2009
Michigan
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Minelab Explorer SE
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Nice find and congrats on the cash return!!

OP
OP
Jim C.

Jim C.

Jun 23, 2007
Detector(s) used
Minelab Explorer (is there another brand)
Prober said:
Hey Jim, nice tag & sale! Have you re-bought a minelab yet?

Nope not yet. I will again some day though. How about you? You buy one yet? I just post on here once in awhile of past finds. You sell that standing liberty quarter yet? Throw her up on ebay and get some extra moola. Good to see ya posting. Jim

ClonedSIM

Silver Member
Jul 28, 2005
New Mexico
Detector(s) used
White's XLT
Nice score on the RR tag! It really is amazing what people will pay for stuff. I picked up a nearly unused time clock (the kind you slide a timecard into and punch in and out) at a local auction for $5, and sold it in eBay a week later for $150, then a couple months later found another at a garage sale and sold it for nearly the same price.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread