Gold Member
Feb 20, 2013
Luzerne County, Pa
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Fisher F75, Garrett ATPro, Garrett GTAx 500
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I am waiting on colder weather so the bears aren't still out and about and I will be making some suet for the birds. The critters have to eat too!

BosnMate

Gold Member
Sep 10, 2010
Detector(s) used
Whites MXT, Whites DFX, Whites 6000 Di Pro
Primary Interest:
Other
Is that another picture through your window?

BosnMate

Gold Member
Sep 10, 2010
Detector(s) used
Whites MXT, Whites DFX, Whites 6000 Di Pro
Primary Interest:
Other
One time, long ago, I got a huge sack of hazel nuts, something like 40 or 50 pounds. Every day I would put some nuts into the bark of a large cedar tree next door. I'm pretty sure I had the squirrels convinced that cedars grew hazel nuts. Ran out of hazel nuts, so started feeding peanuts on the ground. Bluejays would take the peanuts and hide them, and the squirrels would sniff them out and either eat them or re-hide them someplace else. Quit feeding the critters when my wife got so sick, and just never have got back into it.

OP
OP
tamrock

tamrock

Gold Member
Jan 16, 2013
Colorado
Detector(s) used
Bounty Hunter Tracker IV
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I see the squirrels here when they're being watched by the blue jays fake them out by doing the whole dig and bury routine as a bluff. I'll see the squirrel run away with the nut still in his mouth and the blue jay fly down to were it thinks the nut was just buried only to find out it was fooled. The blue jay will then fly off in the direction the squirrel went looking for him.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread