Yard Sale Gold

Rob-n-Texas

Jan 3, 2009
Round Rock TX
Detector(s) used
Ace 250
We stop at a few local sales, nothing. Then we hit a sale that has 10 cars parked in front. We pull over and check it out. People everywhere looking at clothes, furniture, books. They have one little plastic tote with all their jewlery thrown together. I wander over and find a sterling earing, cool. i keep looking and find a bracelet. I check the mark and it says 14kt Italy. Wow. I keep looking and thats all the good stuff. So I grab 2 peices of costume jewlery and a 25 cent flashilight and I ask the lady how much for these items. She looks at it, I'm nervous..She says 2 bucks. SOLD!! We drive home and hit one more before we call it a day. Wife walks this one. I'm sitting in the car. She walks back with a smile on her face. She buys 5 rings, 3 marked 925 silver, one not marked but has some very pretty stones in it.And one marked 14kt with a CZ stone. All for $1.50. Not too bad. I weighed the bracelet. 1.02 oz. Jackpot. Who likes 50 cent gold. I DO ;D.

002-12.jpg

001-13.jpg

spartacus53

Banned
Jul 5, 2009
Whiting, NJ
Detector(s) used
Ace 250
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
You're so lucky I wasn't there! I would have offered three bucks for the bracelet alone :laughing9:

Charmin

Bronze Member
Sep 3, 2007
Oklahoma
Detector(s) used
White's Prizm III and Ace 250
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I think a lot of people overlook jewelry--especially if they see cheap stuff mixed in.
All the better for you, Rob!
Excellent score for you and your wife!!
:hello:
sandcreek~~

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions