Yard sale silver!

WINTERBEAR

Sep 20, 2012
eastern Wa
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
Hit a barn/ yard sale first real one of the year for me, and found these beauties for $1 each! Surprised to find them and equally surprised when I asked how much. Chris
ImageUploadedByTreasureNet.com1460246767.080505.jpg
ImageUploadedByTreasureNet.com1460246826.360013.jpg

Peyton Manning

Gold Member
Dec 19, 2012
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
MXT-PRO
Sandshark
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I must not go to enough of them to find that kind of stuff

captain flintlock

Jul 21, 2015
Detector(s) used
Tesoro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Nice find!! I'd buy those all day for that price.

JimDon

Silver Member
May 6, 2009
NC USA
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Minelab Etrac, Minelab Excalibur, White's MXT
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I bet they will claim up nice. And with an S monogram they should be an easy sell to the Smiths!

Tallone

Sep 4, 2013
In a gloomy castle on a lonely hill
Primary Interest:
Other
Likewise!! All I usually see around here is baby clothes and Barry Manilow CDs!!

Be a little more selective in the sales you go to. Scan the photos and writeups in the Craigslist Garage Sale listings. If all you see in a listing are baby clothes and toys, scratch that one off your list. You may miss a good opportunity once in a while by doing this but you will also save yourself a lot of time and gasoline. More importantly, you will go to the best opportunities first which will improve your chances of finding good stuff.

OP
OP
W

WINTERBEAR

Sep 20, 2012
eastern Wa
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
Thanks for the maker ID wow very little info on them interesting that they were primarily a jewelry & novelty silver maker. determining age is tought but I am leaning toward early just because of the style and the engraving .
Chris

diggummup

Gold Member
Jul 15, 2004
Somewhere in the woods
Detector(s) used
Whites M6
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Thanks for the maker ID wow very little info on them interesting that they were primarily a jewelry & novelty silver maker. determining age is tought but I am leaning toward early just because of the style and the engraving .
Chris
Correct. I'd say pre WW2 anyway. This style/shape (or similar) was popular for a few decades, from about 1910 and upwards. The engraving is a version of an old English font, it's still popular today with tattoo art. Paye & Baker Manufacturing Co., which was founded in Attleboro, Massachusetts, in 1901 by Charles T. Paye and Frank L. Baker. The company made sterling souvenir spoons, silver jewelry, and novelty items. In 1919 the company began making dental and surgical instruments. Silver items were not made between 1919 and 1923. Paye & Baker is listed as a jewelry maker until 1952. In 1952 they became a division of the Bishop Company. It was out of business by the early 1960s.

Source: Kovels.com

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread