fishguy

Jun 20, 2013
Little River, SC
Detector(s) used
Nokta Simplex+
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
brooch1.jpg 2013-06-27 15.57.22.jpg 1372363112362.jpg

found this brooch and can't find any information on it. It is marked sterling, but I wanted to see if anybody had an idea of the date of the style. the crystals seem to be rhinestone or glass but I am not sure. pin clasp is missing but other than that it is in really nice condition. should I just scrap it or try to get more for it. Thanks for your time.

pickinpat

May 31, 2013
South Western, NJ
Detector(s) used
White's Coinmaster
White's Coinmaster GT
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Nice, I find that stuff every weekend. 1 weekend I got 48g of gold rings for $80. I love that some people are just that dumb :) Happy Hunting.

Upvote 0

Breezie

Gold Member
Oct 3, 2009
North Carolina
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
White's DFX & Spectrum~Garrett's Pro-Pointer~VibraProbe
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Hey Fish, Welcome to the forum. I would like to see some clear photos of the front, back, and mark as well as know the length and width. Use your 'macro' settings on your camera, which is represented by a little flower.

Neat find :) Breezie

Upvote 0
OP
OP
fishguy

fishguy

Jun 20, 2013
Little River, SC
Detector(s) used
Nokta Simplex+
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Had a jeweler look it over and repair the clasp. He directed me to a local antique collector that would have more info. Turns out it he figures it was from the mid 20's to the mid 30's called a coat brooch. Women would wear them on the lapel of their coats. We couldn't find a makers mark and the stones where not precious but he says it was very well constructed for the time period and decided he wanted it. I got $85 for it so good return on my quarter lol. Oh and sorry about the unfocused pictures that was from my phone my camera decided to go scuba diving by itself on a fishing trip :censored: Oh well thanks for the tips and maybe I'll find another oddity soon.

Upvote 0

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread