Yard Sale Treasure

Riff

Aug 30, 2016
Maple Valley WA
Detector(s) used
Whites Classic ID
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Just Getting back into metal detecting (Maple Valley WA)

I've had a metal detector moving up on my priorities list for many years now. 20 years ago I was an avid prospector and metal detector. Things changed.

Just did a road trip with my boy to CA and back. On the way home we stopped at a car show in Kalama WA. We discovered a group yard sale near the car show and I found a box of wires and junk tangled around a dissembled Whites Classic ID metal detector. I bought the whole box for $10. The detector is in great shape and works perfect. So far I have found pennies, nails and cans around my home. I plan to take it to some Puget Sound beaches soon and hope to post some great finds. But for now the detector itself was the treasure find for me!! Any detectorists is Maple Valley WA area on this board?

Upvote 21

Texas Ed

Bronze Member
Feb 5, 2016
Texas Gulf Coast
Detector(s) used
AT Pro - CZ-3D - Tesoro Cortez - Sea Hunter Mark II - GTI 2500 - GTAx 550 - F75 S E - F19 - Pro Pointer AT - Pro Pointer II - Perdator Raptor Model 31
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Congrats on your Classic Whites MD find and glad for you that it works and I enjoyed reading your post & I wish you many great treasures while out dirt fishin. Also welcome to TNET and if you have any questions about your Whites I am sure there are many that can help you on this forum.

Texas ED

vpnavy

Super Moderator
Staff member
Jun 15, 2008
York County, PA (USA)
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Just Getting back into metal detecting (Maple Valley WA)...yard sale near the car show and I found a box of wires and junk tangled around a dissembled Whites Classic ID metal detector. I bought the whole box for $10...
metal_detector.gif
1st - Welcome Aboard! If you haven't already - take a look at Sub-Forums: Washington for information (i.e., clubs, etc.) directly related to your state. If you have - super!

2nd - if you haven't already - take a look at Forum > Metal Detecting > Brands > White's

3rd - if you haven't already - take a look at Classic ID Manuals (PDF)

4th - if you haven't already - tell the wife, girlfriend or son that you love her/him!:laughing7:

Chug And Red

Gold Member
Feb 18, 2010
Vancouver WA
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Chug)Whites Classic 5 ID, (Red Whites Coin master Pro)

Chug and Reds New Additions

Give It Up>> Garrett's AT Pro
Buttercup>> Garrett's Ace 250
Show Me the Money>> Garrets Ace 400
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Great Score, A little Advise from someone that Has one Before you put the Coil in water make sure there are no cracks on the Seal around the coil area sides and Bottom the coil is waterproof. But little bump on objects your detecting around will cause the seal to go bad quickly HH And Good luck

mnruxpin

May 20, 2013
Primary Interest:
Beach & Shallow Water Hunting
had whites land machines all through the 80s, loved them, they go just as deep as my modern machines. got me thinkin i need to pick up a whites coinmaster from back in the day. i have seen them cheap on craigslist. my dad still had his and through it in the trash a few years ago, have no idea what ever happened to mine. think i borrowed it out and it never came home. but welcome back fellow pirate

Auriemma

Jul 24, 2014
SE PA
Detector(s) used
Minelab: Sov XS; Sov XS2 Pro ; XS2a Pro ; E-TRAC; Profind 25, Garrett PP AT
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
A working Whites Classic for $10? WINNER! It may be a basic machine, but there are still many out there who swear by them.

Enjoy!

birdman

Gold Member
Jan 28, 2005
Choctaw Beach Florida
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Equinox 800 and ORX, tesoro Cibola with garret,whites and minelab pinpointers
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Nice score on the detector !

NOLA_Ken

Gold Member
Jan 4, 2011
Formerly New Orleans.. Now Pueblo Co
Detector(s) used
several, mostly Garrett
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Great score! I lived out in Oly about 10 years ago and did some hunting out there. I found some pretty neat stuff, and always wanted to go look for old logging camps.

Oct 5, 2014
Massachusetts
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Garrett: AT Pro, AT Gold & Infinium; Minelab: Explorer SE, II; Simplex; Tesoro: Tejon & Outlaw; White's: V3i
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Welcome back to the fun! GL & HH

Msbeepbeep

Gold Member
Jun 24, 2012
MA
Detector(s) used
M-6, pro pointer, pistol probe
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Best deal of the day!

Aug 5, 2015
Detector(s) used
Entry level POS that I found in the thickets along a river.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
It's easy to become haggard and obsessed over dusty junk. Many a man has gone crazy in the penny mines.

Safe travels, friend.

Chug And Red

Gold Member
Feb 18, 2010
Vancouver WA
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Chug)Whites Classic 5 ID, (Red Whites Coin master Pro)

Chug and Reds New Additions

Give It Up>> Garrett's AT Pro
Buttercup>> Garrett's Ace 250
Show Me the Money>> Garrets Ace 400
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Forgot to mention, found the item in our avatar with a Whites Id 14 k 6 rubies see little picture on our posts

A2coins

Gold Member
Dec 20, 2015
Ann Arbor
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Equinox 800
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Better late than nevr I love car shows just not the prices of these classic cars that can cost more than a house, Hope to see more finds from ya Tommy

OP
OP
R

Riff

Aug 30, 2016
Maple Valley WA
Detector(s) used
Whites Classic ID
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
So I have been out hunting in some local areas and coming up with coins. I have figured out my controls and can identify coins 90% of time. Lead tends to mess with me. But all in all I love this detector. It seems like an excellent detector to me. I found a larger metal target on a beach a good foot or so down under the sand.

OP
OP
R

Riff

Aug 30, 2016
Maple Valley WA
Detector(s) used
Whites Classic ID
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
So I have been treasure hunting with my yard sale detector (most awesome find) for about 3 weeks now and finding many coins at the local parks. Best score so far two wheat back pennies. I have to say I believe I have coin fever. I have charted out some areas with potential to find older coins and relics. Can't wait to get started. This weekend I will start at 1st location. I'll follow up if it turns out good. I love this forum. It's another good find!

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions