yardsalewatch

yardsalewatch

Aug 18, 2014
phoenix
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
First off wanted to say that I feel like a jerk posting this here. I googled yardsale forums and this site actually came up first. The more I read about it the more i knew it was far from yardsales. I wanted to post it here anyway. My name is David and I am just a normal person trying to be more than what I am. I created a iphone app Called YardSalewatch and it comes out on Sept 1st.

this free app will allow you the user to let other users know about yardsales that you either host or see in your neighborhood bu a click of a button, the app pins your location,this is just a way to let every yardsale out there be known..Thanks

https://www.facebook.com/yardsalewatch

If you take down the post I will understand for sure. Anyway thanks and happy treasure hunting.

war-digs-it

Feb 16, 2013
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
That's cool, I'm always looking for the newest listing with baby clothes purchased from other garage sales in the past couple months.

Do you actually go out and buy, collect and or resell? Would like to hear about your experiences without trying to sell some app.
I am new here, these gangsters are not, welcome!

OP
OP
Y

yardsalewatch

Aug 18, 2014
phoenix
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
thanks for the reply. I love collecting video games myself. Old school games like nes, snes, sega. Theres stores out there that sell them but they are to expensive I think. Anyway i look on sites like craigslist and even facebook swapmeets but they always try to overprice their stuff. Im all down for wanting to get the most of out of dont over charge something. Anyway I hear about people really just giving away old school games, they dont have any use for it any more. Anyway i walked out my door one day and got discouraged and thought why couldnt there be a way to have eyes everywhere, on every street, someone sees a yardsale , bam , let people know about it....and thats my story. I went to a yardsale actually this weekend and tested the app, its was funny because i started taking pictures of her items and she was like what are you doing? i said oh I am sorry, I am just taking pics for this app to let people know what you have...she goes. i have nothing here illegal, ha, i just laughed for a second and said, i know that , im just trying to help you get more people to your yardsale and then i showed her the app, she smile and said thanks and i continued looking for video games...

and now im just trying to get the word out...if my app fails because nobody wants it, is one thing, if i fail because no body knows about it is another.

jerseyben

Gold Member
Nov 18, 2010
NJ Pine Barrens
Detector(s) used
T2 SE
Primary Interest:
Other
Ever try Craigslist or just drive around looking for signs? Some people even write down addresses from Newspaper classified ads.

Not trying to bash your app but I am a frequent "yard saler" and I can honestly say I cant think of any instance where I would use an app like this...

Nice idea, maybe some folks will use it. Best of luck.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions