Yea, finally found a bank that will order halves

Joanner

Dec 31, 2007
The local banks will not order halves. Went to closest city, about 1 hour away, and they will not order halves. Went out 1 1/2 hours to a larger city and found a branch of BOA that will order as many boxes as I want. I don't want to press my luck, so I ordered 2 boxes for last week (1-64, 4-40%) . Today
I ordered 6 boxes to be picked up Thursday or Friday, and told them I won't be back down until next month. Then went to a local bank this a.m. in which I have a checking account and they have a coin counting machine. I talked to the manager and he said it was okay to bring in as many halves as I want to--just try to do it at the slower times. :hello2: He said a person had brought in $30,000 (!) worth of coins and they were okay with that. I told him I would have loved to have bought that $30,000 to go through. He said they were mixed coins.

Even though I have to drive the distance, I go shopping in the area and I have a Prius which gets 50 mph. :icon_sunny:

Hoping this works out for the summer before I head down south again. I usually get just $1,000 in halves a week, but plan on trying to order from several banks. Also talked to my credit union down south, which has a coin counting machine that drops everything into a big bin, about buying that bin; they seemed receptive.

I actually feel quite lucky. :laughing7:

Upvote 0

apush

Bronze Member
Dec 21, 2009
U.S.A.
Detector(s) used
ACE 250; Lone Star
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hi!
I am apush. Are you a female CRH'r? We are few and far between--if this is the case. Regardless, I have not seen you on the forum. Welcome!!! I have only been posting about 4 months.

apush :read2:

OP
OP
J

Joanner

Dec 31, 2007
Yes, another female CRH. Many years ago I worked as a teller in a bank and started saving certain coins, even bought bags of pennies to go through, and kept dollar silver certificates. Just started up CRH two years ago.

I'm in a rural area during the summer months. I have two branches of BOA within 10 miles, neither will order, nor will the BOA a hour away, half dollars. They will order quaters and dimes, and I am considering adding those on, but my main interest in half dollars.

OP
OP
J

Joanner

Dec 31, 2007
coincrazed: If you were asking me, no I'm not in California.

OP
OP
J

Joanner

Dec 31, 2007
I am pleased with my 6 boxes today. Every box gave up some silver. :hello2:

27 - 40%
6 - 90% (1964 & 1 1954 Ben)
2 - 1987d

BOA couldn't have been more helpful. :icon_thumright: A guy employee even brought the boxes out to my car and put them in the trunk. I brought them some nice chocolate and they seemed to really appreciate it.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread