YEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEHAAAAAAAAAAAAAA

Hill Billy

Bronze Member
Jun 3, 2007
Detector(s) used
Whites XLT
Primary Interest:
Other
I found my first silver coin this morning.We had a nice rain last evening and it was somewhat cool and foggy here on the farm.So I decided to go out and give the MD a work out.It was the typical hunt.Nails,steel,cans,mason jar lids etc.Next thing I know I heard a signal and said to self.That sounds different.Started sifting through the plug and out comes nails.Ran the detector over the hole and it still made that sound I hadn't heard yet.Dug a little deeper and scanned that dirt and got a signal out of the hole.And there it was my first silver coin find.A seated 1839-O dime.What a blast.I love this new hobby. Happy Hunting everyone.
HB

Attachments

• 1839 seated dime 001.jpg
    1839 seated dime 001.jpg
    49.2 KB · Views: 2,011
  • 1839 seated dime 003.jpg
    1839 seated dime 003.jpg
    26 KB · Views: 2,018
  • 1839 seated dime 007.jpg
    1839 seated dime 007.jpg
    45.9 KB · Views: 1,709
  • 1839 seated dime 008.jpg
    1839 seated dime 008.jpg
    46.2 KB · Views: 1,710
Upvote 0

willie d

Silver Member
Jul 13, 2005
Close enough to the beach
Detector(s) used
**Tesoro Tiger Shark** Tesoro Silver Umax** Minelab Sov Gt w/WOT coil** Whites 6000Di Pro SL**
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
It certainly looks like you earned it. Congratulations.

piggman1

Silver Member
Apr 7, 2007
Austin, TX
Detector(s) used
Whites Eagle Spectrum, Compass X-100, Whites Beach Hunter ID, 2 Whites Spectrum XLT's
Awsome first silver find! The relics are pretty cool too. That's the way,Uh Hu,ya do it! Congrats on that nice coin.

Jack(IN)

Bronze Member
Jan 20, 2007
Indiana
Detector(s) used
Minelab Explorer XS-2, Garrett Ace 250
Congrats on your first silver...and a Seated dime too!!

DANGLANGLEY

Silver Member
Oct 3, 2006
Wartburg, Tennessee, U.S.A.
Detector(s) used
Garrett Ace 250, Tesoro Tiger Shark, Garrett AT Pro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Beautiful coin...Congrats on the seated dime!. Those other finds show you have an old site to hunt. Keep at it

LI Tom

Bronze Member
Oct 19, 2006
What a fantastic 1st siver.Many of us here have yet to find one.Keep pounding that site there is more.

Michiganne

Silver Member
Mar 27, 2007
SW Michigan
Detector(s) used
Explorer SE
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Sweet silver seated lady Hillbilly! WTG Love all the relics, too. Keep digging.

HH

OP
OP
Hill Billy

Hill Billy

Bronze Member
Jun 3, 2007
Detector(s) used
Whites XLT
Primary Interest:
Other
i used a toothbrush with soft bristles for a long time and it finally started to clean.Then i used a little baking soda which I know is a no no.But this coin was so caked in crud and I won't be selling it so I polished it up so you could atleast see some silver.Thanks again everyone for all of the compliments on my first silver find. HB

desertfox

Bronze Member
Apr 16, 2007
Oklahoma
Detector(s) used
Whites, Tesoro, Fisher and Minelab
:o :o :o Ok you get three :o WOW's from me. Way to go HB, first silver and its a seated lady, she's been on my wish list for years, and still is. Congrats on such a nice find! Digg it all......

Desertfox

ivan salis

Gold Member
Feb 5, 2007
callahan,fl
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
delta 4000 / ace 250 - used BH and many others too
nothing like a first silver except first gold --and a seated dime at that --great find--- Ivan

bootstrap vinn

Apr 25, 2006
Central Maine
Detector(s) used
Fisher 1210x Fisher 1236x2 Fisher 1225x
Hey HB,Great find,I've been doing this for more than twenty years and didn't get my first seated till about 8 yrs ago.Some people go years before getting their first silver coin and it's usually not a seated so that in itself is quite an accomplishment!All I use is fisher metal detectors and love 'em.I don't think I'll buy another new one though as fisher has now been bought out by bounty hunter and when I tried to get service for my 1220x they said they won't service their old machines anymore and recommended me to get it serviced by Whittaker Electronics in mesquite Texas and they really took me for a ride.All you fisher owners who need service,do not,I repeat,do not send your detector to whittaker electronics for service,you will be sorry that you did!Great find anyway and I wish you many more! Bootstrap

bootstrap vinn

Apr 25, 2006
Central Maine
Detector(s) used
Fisher 1210x Fisher 1236x2 Fisher 1225x
HB,In case you didn't already know those axe heads are shake hammers,used to apply cedar shingles.One side was for driving the nails the other was for splitting the shakes if they were too wide or you needed a particular size.HH, Bootstrap

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread