Yellow Quartz Not many of these

Carolina Points

Feb 27, 2008
State Line S.C/N.C
Detector(s) used
Whites Prizm 2
Here is two personal S.C finds the guilford is in another post but the first one I need some help with please. yellow quartz is just as rare to me as crystal quartz you just don't see it to often. I was hunting one afternoon a mile from the house and was about to leave the field, then my phone started ringing. I stop and talked but was still looking around me. I looked down and right beside my foot and there it was. I probably would have never seen this point it blended in perfect with the surroundings I really couldn't believe it. It was perfect timing when the call came. One of my favorites, hope you enjoy.
Clint

Attachments

• Yellow Quartz.jpg
    Yellow Quartz.jpg
    54.4 KB · Views: 237
  • yellow quartz 2.jpg
    yellow quartz 2.jpg
    43 KB · Views: 241
Upvote 0

*Molly*

Silver Member
Feb 4, 2008
England.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Thats pretty quartz, I agree the yellow quartz is rare. I have only ever found a yellow quartz scraper. I think quartz is very difficult to type, there is noe visible flaking, so allls we have is the shape, the slightest plow damage can alter the type dramatically. If I was to hazzard a guess, I would say a Savanah River type, they can also be found with squarish stems. But Clint, thats a wild guess.
Nice finds Thankyou for showing us.

Molly.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread