Yellow Resinous Mineral?

Goldigger90

May 21, 2020
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
First Post, love the forums; y'all rock! So to speak... so this has been driving me crazy, hoping someone can help identify the pale yellow, almost waxy looking mineral in these pictures. These pictures aren't mine, but I've been finding the exact same (seemingly, I know these things things are nuanced) material in some gold/silver ore in Az. Sometimes coating the exterior, but usually within fissures and cracks so thin I never knew they existed within the ore until I started breaking it apart. I can provide more details if needed, but I'm hoping my mystery is a simple answer haha. Thank you for the help in advance!

Attachments

• calaverite-elongated-cripple-creek-colorado.png
    calaverite-elongated-cripple-creek-colorado.png
    79 KB · Views: 63
  • calaverite02.jpeg
    calaverite02.jpeg
    52.9 KB · Views: 62
  • calaverite4.jpeg
    calaverite4.jpeg
    82.8 KB · Views: 49

Moesia

Oct 26, 2016
Primary Interest:
Other
What is in these pictures I am not going to guess. Post pictures of what you have and if you can, provide information on the streak and hardness. Maybe somebody will be able to help you then. To speculate from little information you have provided would be silly, honey yellow is a very common color of low temperature mineral. What you have and what is on these pictures is not at all certain to be the same, and most likely isn't. It even may be that what you are seeing in person is not all the same minerals. Zeolites, ankerite, siderite, honey quartz.....

Upvote 0

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread