Yep, Virgin Ground! Finally I Said Enough Is Enough

tabman

Bronze Member
Jul 5, 2011
Germantown, Tennessee
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Presently: CTX 3030, Tesoro Modded Cibola, F75LTD-2, XP Deus, Tesoro Mojave, MXT Pro, Tesoro Eldorado, Whites MXT All Pro, Minelab Equinox, Fisher CZ5 & CZ3D
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I arrive at my permission around 8:15 and before I could get all my gear out of my SUV, I had another permission lined up, the house next door. I really wasn't feeling my oats today and my sinuses were killing me, but I knew that there was a bunch of rain coming in tomorrow, so I figured I could catch up on my rest while it's raining.

I first did a grid search of the front yard going west and east with my CTX 3030 and then I did another grid search going north and south with my Deus. I decided to dig all targets above iron that were repeatable. Towards the end I got a little sloppy in my technique and grid search, so I called it a day. I'll go back when I'm feeling better and do it right. I can't wait to go back over the front yard again with one of my Tesoro detectors and maybe with my MXT Pro.

I was doing my very best to find an Indian Head penny by digging it all above iron, but it wasn't in the cards today. I ended up finding 6 silver coins, 20 wheat pennies, a buffalo nickel, a WWI pendant, and very few modern coins. I just know that I can squeeze a few more good finds out of that front yard.

Lee, the homeowner, is going to receive a lot of delicious homegrown tomatoes from me this summer for being so nice. I spent some time talking with him today and he seemed to enjoy my company a lot. He has a blind dog and 3 cats and he does a lot of snoozing on the front porch. I kept waking him up when found a silver coin. lol

Oh and BTW, the reason that he moved into that house last year was because his sister who lives down the street wanted him close by so she would be able to watch after him since he had a stoke a few years back and he's not really able to take complete care of himself.

Anyway, here's a bunch of pictures of my hunt today, I missed one hole shot. I guess I got distracted by the pretty girl walking her dog. I should have been on my toes and got a permission from her. What the heck was I thinking? Oh yeah, I also included a picture of the backyard that Lee wants me to detect.

tabman

Attachments

• IMG_0465.JPG
    IMG_0465.JPG
    580.9 KB · Views: 87
  • IMG_0466.JPG
    IMG_0466.JPG
    363 KB · Views: 83
  • IMG_0467.JPG
    IMG_0467.JPG
    704.2 KB · Views: 117
  • IMG_0468.JPG
    IMG_0468.JPG
    596.3 KB · Views: 90
  • IMG_0469.JPG
    IMG_0469.JPG
    294.4 KB · Views: 86
  • IMG_0470.JPG
    IMG_0470.JPG
    727 KB · Views: 85
  • IMG_0471.JPG
    IMG_0471.JPG
    250.3 KB · Views: 83
  • IMG_0472.JPG
    IMG_0472.JPG
    728.9 KB · Views: 107
  • IMG_0473.JPG
    IMG_0473.JPG
    379.6 KB · Views: 95
  • IMG_0474.JPG
    IMG_0474.JPG
    701.2 KB · Views: 94
  • IMG_0475.JPG
    IMG_0475.JPG
    374.1 KB · Views: 91
  • IMG_0476.JPG
    IMG_0476.JPG
    619 KB · Views: 79
  • IMG_0477.JPG
    IMG_0477.JPG
    309.2 KB · Views: 100
  • IMG_0478.JPG
    IMG_0478.JPG
    274.9 KB · Views: 121
  • IMG_0480.JPG
    IMG_0480.JPG
    319.4 KB · Views: 81
  • IMG_0481.JPG
    IMG_0481.JPG
    271.8 KB · Views: 101
  • IMG_0482.JPG
    IMG_0482.JPG
    278.2 KB · Views: 82
Upvote 32
Great finds !! Where's the pics of the dog walking the hot chick :occasion14:

Awesome hunt with plenty of silvers, congratulations! :occasion14:

Last edited:
That's a great hunt with all that silver. I think it's going to be a silver day and it's a IH day at my permissions. Congrats on all the finds

Now that's a great day out! Fantastic day out! How could you not love this hobby with days like that

That new ground produced some nice keepers with 6 silver dimes.I really like that WW 1 pendant.

Very Nice!!! Congrats!! Good Hunt!!

Hi, wow great finds:icon_thumleft:

Looks like another killer day Tabman. I like the silvers, but really like that Peace WW 1 medallion. That is an outstanding find.

That new ground produced some nice keepers with 6 silver dimes.I really like that WW 1 pendant.
Thanks! That pendant has a lot of history behind it.

Very Nice!!! Congrats!! Good Hunt!!
Thanks! I was dragging butt from being sore and having a slight sinus headache from all the pollen, but I worked through it.

What a day! That's most people's months right there. Go back and get some more! Nicely done.
Thanks! I love going back over places like that to see I can unearth something that I missed on the first go around.

Good day well done...
Thanks! I get lucky every once in awhile.

NICE FINDS
Thanks! I figured since I found a Walking Liberty and a SLQ in the public grassy between curb and city sidewalk on earlier hunts in front of that same house that I would do well with the permission I got to search the yard. No big silver yet!

Hi, wow great finds:icon_thumleft:
Thanks! Location is everything.

Good stuff! The WWI pendant is super cool.
Thanks! WWI pendant is a real keeper!

Ya Baby! Hell of a hunt there Tabman:icon_thumright: Congrats!
Thanks! I'm taking the day off from detecting to recoup, then I'm going hit it hard again maybe tomorrow or the next day. I want to enjoy the experience. Detecting is suppose to be fun.

tabman

Looks like another killer day Tabman. I like the silvers, but really like that Peace WW 1 medallion. That is an outstanding find.
Thanks! Some days are better than others. Just getting out of the house to go detecting is fun. I meet a lot of interesting people. Here's an interesting story I was told yesterday by Lee, the nice old man who gave me permission to detect his yard.

He told me back in the late fifties and early sixties there was a house across the street from his house where a nice looking widow lady lived with a bunch of kids. A married man who owned a service station would come by regularly and toss a big hand full of coins out into yard for the kids look for while he went inside and had his way with the widow lady.

Now that's just one reason why some yards have more silver coins in them than others. I'm going to get that address from Lee, because all those coins that man was tossing where pre 1964 silver coins and I bet you the kids didn't find them all. lol

tabman

Last edited:

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Back