yermulesready

Dutchman

Greenie
Feb 13, 2006
Hello from Somerset, Ky. I have been an avid treasure seeker for most of my life. My definition spans a wide range
of hunting types: metal detecting, rockhound, gold prospecting, cave exploration, etc.
Is there anyone in my neighborhood (somerset) who is interested in partnering up to expand the abilities as a crew?
I have been doing more gold prospecting than other, but the expense is a little higher than my pockets.Not much higher though.
Last September I went to N. Carolina and I think my finds may very well have paid for the trip. This is speculation asI have not sold any of my treasure.
Most of my trips are basic weekend stuff. I have a full size van and some basic equipment. The one thing I DO HAVE is the mental and physical equivalent of a mule when it comes to the work. I try to keep my outings within easy gas, food, and camping expenses(i use my van as a room+ have camping equip.).
My last trip was to the Vien Mountain area of N. Carolina to learn highbanking. Did well; met an old dude who was stand-offish at first, but after a few hours of watching me blindly muling on, he opened up and over the next few days we became good freinds. Always respect the ELDERS. The old ones are full of information, but you gotta earn their respect before they will give. Cynicism is high since most newbies are only looking to get rich.
I am in this because I love it. Dont wanna per-say, get rich(though it would'nt bother me to get there).

Im planning a trip in eary May back down there. Anyone interested in an outing?
GOOD GOLD IS THERE. I got me some, and want to get diggin again.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread