• 006.JPG
    006.JPG
    208.8 KB · Views: 112
  • 007.JPG
    007.JPG
    220.8 KB · Views: 98
Upvote 0
also....why fake a 5 dollar point?

Yes real. And heeeeeere's your clue-- the most widely faked- or reproduced points, are big and bada$$ - making the most uncommon (most valuable)points seem to materialize out of nowhere, common as cookies.- worth the money/time to make and market. That's a field-grade little guy. So now you know. Have a Happy! Yak

Your good friend gave you a great gift. I don't know enough about artifacts yet to tell about real or made, but that's a wonderful point. I've read they used small points for hunting and large points for war. I always thought the Indians used salt licks like the early settlers until I read several books where they would burn some type of plant and then pour water over the ashes to make salt. The more research I do on Indians, the more impressed I am with their culture and how anybody could consider them primitive is nuts.

Looks real, but looks to be lacking patina... As is the case with over cleaning... If I was making one, I would not stop until it was symmetrical... If I find one, I pop it in my mouth for a spit cleaning only!

Thanks Y'all. I'll add it to my collection. That makes four or five this year!

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Back