YESS! GOLD!!

git.r.done

Greenie
Aug 11, 2008
today me and my little brother Kevin [his acc is skatergod6262] decided to go hunting. we walked down the road and we saw a old house from 1890's so we ask him to hunt it he said OK but we split what we find so we went out and hunted for a while and i got a good signal and i dug it and i saw the penny and i thought it was a Indian head so i put it in my pocket and said it was new. and like 1 hour later we left and then i found out it was a 1961 :'( ..so when we were walking home we saw this real old house that no one lived in so we hunted it and i found this 10 k gold 1966 class ring i was happy ;D. i need help finding what school it is so if you know let me know

Attachments

• marks finds 001.jpg
    marks finds 001.jpg
    38.2 KB · Views: 1,248
  • marks finds 005.jpg
    marks finds 005.jpg
    30.5 KB · Views: 1,248
  • marks finds 009.jpg
    marks finds 009.jpg
    31.8 KB · Views: 1,234
  • marks finds 007.jpg
    marks finds 007.jpg
    37.9 KB · Views: 1,228
Upvote 0

time4me

Bronze Member
Aug 30, 2005
Detector(s) used
E-Trac, Explorer II, Excalibur
Re: GOLD!

That's a real nice ring. I'd love to find an older class ring - they are so cool looking.

Mar 1, 2007
Griffith Indiana
Detector(s) used
Garrett Grand Master Hunter CXlll

Dude that's weird!!!!! I found a 1966 class ring today to, but mine is from Crown Point High school, I'm trying to find the owner now!!! Good luck on your find! contact Josten and send them a photo of the ring, they probably can id it for you!!! HH, QUICKSILVER(appletree)

OP
OP
git.r.done

git.r.done

Greenie
Aug 11, 2008

what is the difference in 10k 12k 18k 24k i dont know them all so i was wondering

JP

Bronze Member
May 5, 2006
Florida & San Salvador, El Salvador
Detector(s) used
Excalibur 1000, Garrett Infinium LS, Garrett Sea Hunter II, Ace 250 (for my 12 year old son)
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

That is a nice and beautiful ring. I just like you and Time4me would love to find one....maybe one day.

git.r.done said:
what is the difference in 10k 12k 18k 24k i dont know them all so i was wondering

Designates the purity of the gold.
For example 24k/24= 100% pure gold, 18k/24= 75% gold, 12k/24= 50% gold, 10k/24=41.7% gold, etc.
The other part of the percentage would be some alloy that is with the gold. 24k, being that it is pure gold, would not have any other metal...

I hope the explination helps. Don't feel bad for not knowing, we're all learning here.

HH

AZ-Mtnman

Jul 25, 2008
Detector(s) used
Minelab

Wanna hear a good one? The only class ring I've ever found was on the grounds of our old high school. 18K lady's with a ruby setting made by a local jeweler. After checking with them, they only made two with 18K and rubies that year. Just my luck, the one I found belonged to my sister! She had only lost it 33 yrs ago (not sure if that's telling my age or her's), but she cried for over an hour after getting it back. We were raised to "always do the right thing, even if no one is looking", but that drove the point home more than mere words ever could. I say exhaust every lead, and then still hold on to it, you never know where that one clue will come from that will lead to the owner. Even tho it's gold to you, it's much more than that to them. I hope you get my meaning on that last part, don't mean to imply anything bad about yourself. Need any help, just let me know.

wildrider

Bronze Member
Feb 25, 2007
Kentucky
Detector(s) used
Nautilus DMC IIb/White's 6000 Di Pro

Yep, all of those old rings are so cool. The new ones are all kind of like new cars (they all look the same).

R

RUDY2003

Love the style of the older rings....Nice diggs'....

Keep safe...

Keith

Dirt Dobber

Jun 24, 2008
Midlands of S.Carolina
Detector(s) used
R/S Discovery(BH IV) cousin

QUICKSILVER (appletree) said:
Dude that's weird!!!!! I found a 1966 class ring today to, but mine is from Crown Point High school, I'm trying to find the owner now!!! Good luck on your find! contact Josten and send them a photo of the ring, they probably can id it for you!!! HH, QUICKSILVER(appletree)
I second this post. Classmates.com will be hard without a name. Good luck. D.D.

treasurefiend

Gold Member
Mar 17, 2008
Chicago IL
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Minelab_Excal_II Minelab_Explorer_SE_Pro w/ SunRay pinpointer & Garrett_Ace250
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

That is a pretty old class ring you have there :thumbsup:

Top Member Reactions