FoxHound0985

Feb 5, 2005
Amber Waves of Grain!
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Max/AT Pro
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Hi there, I got out for a few hours and hunted a couple of different places. The first place was a house that was built in 1862 and was part of the Underground Railroad. I didnt find anything really good (pull tabs, aluminum nails, clad, and iron farm parts) except for a very heavy lead weight. I would guess it weighs about 10 lbs. I have no idea what it was used for or how old it is, so any opinions are welcome. It says "FIVE FOLD" and the name "APARCO"(?). I cant really read the second letter in the name. Anyway, after I searched there for about an hour, I decided to go to another site back in the woods. I was searching the walkway leading up to the house and I found an old shoe buckle(?). I think thats what it is. After a while I found the fork and various other pieces of junk. I was about to leave and I spotted the beautiful Carnival Glass bowl just laying on top of the ground and a few feet away was the very nice porcelin(sp?) vase. All in all I would say it was a pretty good day. Does anyone know how much the bowl and vase are worth, or the age of them? Also, any help on the lead weight and shoe buckle (age, value, etc...) would be greatly appreciated. Thanks and HH!

Fox

Attachments

• 51705finds1.jpg
    51705finds1.jpg
    91.1 KB · Views: 382
  • lead.jpg
    lead.jpg
    77 KB · Views: 374
  • vase.jpg
    vase.jpg
    62 KB · Views: 376
  • bowl.jpg
    bowl.jpg
    42.9 KB · Views: 383
Upvote 0

lonewolfe

Gold Member
Feb 14, 2005
West Michigan
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
A stick with a box at one end and a round thing on the other.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Vase = approx. $10 to $20 and the bowl = approx. $35 to $50

Nice finds!

HH

Lonewolfe

bmanofnbc

Dec 20, 2004
Maryland
Detector(s) used
Bounty Hunter SSII & Fisher F75
I don't know the values but the vase looks like Milkglass. That carnival glass is pretty collectable.

OP
OP
FoxHound0985

FoxHound0985

Feb 5, 2005
Amber Waves of Grain!
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Max/AT Pro
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Thanks for the price info on the vase and bowl LoneWolf! I wonder if there are more out there. I will probably be going back today after work. HH!

Fox

Emperor Findus Cladius

Bronze Member
Sep 2, 2004
TX
Detector(s) used
Whites Vision/V3 Spectra, AT Pro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Very nice finds!! Sure is good to recover the ones you dont have to dig for time to time!! HH

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread