Yesterdays Finds & Nickel Question

Circa

Mar 17, 2012
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Yesterday's Finds & Nickel Question

Yesterday I was able to buy $155 in dimes & $10 in nickels from a couple of banks I know are heavily hunted. I found a couple silvers in the dime rolls, a '57 and a '62(my first two). After ten straight clad boxes of dime I thought I would try the customer rolls. I then opened the nickel rolls to find 3 solid rolls of pre 1960 Jefferson nickel, there were no war nickels. I don't believe I have any key dates and they are all circulated. So are the pre 1960 nickels worth anything??? I don't normally do nickels but I have noticed on here some people save pre 1960 nickels? HH Circa

Upvote 0

Canadian hunter

Dec 19, 2011
Primary Interest:
Other
Check for proofs and a 1950D as well as 1938D, those have low mintages and worth a premium in high grades.

sagittarius98

Gold Member
Jan 16, 2012
Maryland
Detector(s) used
White's Coinmaster
Primary Interest:
Other
It depends on you, I keep pre-1960 nickels, you can sometimes Craigslist them for more than face, or just use them as a small nickel stockpile for when nickel is higher than face (it was before).
Today, it is $0.0482381 in melt value.
[FONT=Arial, Helvetica][/FONT]

OP
OP
Circa

Circa

Mar 17, 2012
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Yea I think I'm going to try sell them for a small premium. People will buy anything on feebay, I can't believe some of the crap they have bought from me on feebay. I think I'm going to get back into penny boxes as they are easy to get and I only have 15lbs of copper pennies. I would like to get to 50 over the summer.

clorox

Jun 1, 2012
Northern California
Primary Interest:
Other
The nickel rolls might have been mine at one point. I set aside the pre-60's to look through for key dates after everything else is wrapped up. Was there anything written on the wrappers?

And nice finds on the dimes. Gotta love those CWR's!

OP
OP
Circa

Circa

Mar 17, 2012
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
The nickel rolls might have been mine at one point. I set aside the pre-60's to look through for key dates after everything else is wrapped up. Was there anything written on the wrappers?

And nice finds on the dimes. Gotta love those CWR's!

There was nothing written on the wrappers. They were the paper blue/brown rolls that open on both ends. And Thanks for the advice on checking some CWR dimes. HH Circa

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions