An old can, axe head and old knob.

Last edited:
Upvote 2

Skippy SH13

Bronze Member
Feb 18, 2015
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
LOL... Stay on it! And sometimes, with kids (and dpending on your objecitves) seeding helps a little. :)

OP
OP
P

Pirateofthewaste

Dec 27, 2013
Illinois
Detector(s) used
Bounty Huntter,VFL,win best and bounty hunter pinpointer
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I thought about just tossing some coins out. My four year old was happy finding the knob and can. By the time I was able to get the ax out they had started playing. I have to say this ax head is the coolest thing I've found in the ground so far. The best part though is that they helped find an dig it up.

Skippy SH13

Bronze Member
Feb 18, 2015
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Ah.... At 4 years old, they don't care if it's a penny or a bolt. THey're just there for the experience with Dad. Awesome job on that!

My youngest is now 12, and he's a regular partner hunting with me. I love spending time in the field swinging the coil with him. Great hobby.

I thought about just tossing some coins out. My four year old was happy finding the knob and can. By the time I was able to get the ax out they had started playing. I have to say this ax head is the coolest thing I've found in the ground so far. The best part though is that they helped find an dig it up.

Rustic

Jul 10, 2015
western MA
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
XP Deus, Garrett pinpointer
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Your children probably love going detecting with you more than you know. Great way to make happy memories together.

Loco-Digger

Gold Member
Jun 16, 2014
Northern O-H-I-O
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
F75 LTD, 1280X Aquanaut, & a Patriot (back-up/loaner)
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Those finds shadow in comparison to the time spent with the little ones. :occasion14:

OP
OP
P

Pirateofthewaste

Dec 27, 2013
Illinois
Detector(s) used
Bounty Huntter,VFL,win best and bounty hunter pinpointer
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
They both had to dig in this dirt to day. I think they caught the treasure bug. You said it all Loco.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread